Need Recommendation/s

Erny

I'm willing to travel. Went to one today in Castlemaine. All likelihood I'll return there but thought I'd test the waters first to see if anyone can give high recommendations to any that might be a bit closer to where I live (Berwick VIC).

Input appreciated.

Thank you.

On the strength of the recommendation by my Vet I have made an appointment to see Dr Carl Muller in Prahran. A sight closer than a trip to Castlemaine which in itself demands almost a total cancellation of all other of my commitments for the day.

He has been diagnosed with spondylosis.

The acupuncture is to also try to help with righting his system which in turn should help with his skin issues, which in itself has improved considerably with diet but isn't completely right.

If I have the information right, the acupuncture might help with both things.

Also will be introducing some Chinese medicine/s.

Edited by Erny

Thank you both.

They are issues which need addressing but aren't the end of the world. It could all be a lot worse and as for the spondylosis, we've got it very early and the Vet isn't too concerned about it (not to suggest we don't need to try to help).

And so we plod along tending to things as best as we can, one appointment at a time. As to how things go ....... that'll be a 'time will tell' matter.

Dyzney - I hope you never have the need to go down "that path" but thanks for your interest.

It is going to be a difficult one to report on in the short term, I think. For example, I will be emailing the acupuncturist (Genevieve) as she too wants to know what changes I see (subtle or otherwise). I will be reporting that within 24 hours I noticed the scurf that Mandela had on the day and 24 hours beforehand has all but cleared up. However, his skin issue sees things like that come and go even so quickly anyway, so I'm not sure if that's the acupuncture (she suggested it could help it) or just the usual progression of things. I'll let her work that stuff out (it would do my head in) but for the sake of the thread here and the interest of those reading, I have a feeling that I won't know or be able to be sure of the results without time passing.

But I'll do my best to keep you informed :thumbsup:.

ETA: I must admit that his coat looks and feels really good today.

It will be very interesting to see how he fairs once I start with the Chinese medicine.

I see Bruce Ferguson with my dog and the immediate results were truly amazing.

The Vets I am with have worked/studied with/under Bruce Ferguson. They mentioned his name when I was there and they too think highly of him. Thanks for your wishes, DNH .... I very much trust and respect the Vet/s I'm with and as a consequence, trust in their referral recommendations as well.

Oonga - thanks for the compliment. But really - I don't think I'm any more special than anyone else who has dog-health issues and does what they can and need to do. And honestly, when Kal was unwell I would have given anything for it to have been something I could have managed/fixed/treated. Remembering that anguish, I consider myself lucky :D. I hope that for any ailment Mandela has, that it is something not major nor life debilitating as it was for Kal (avatar girl - RIP and bless her cotton socks).

ETA: Re-reading the above, it risks sounding a bit "martyrish" (if that's a word). Sorry - it's not meant to because that's not how I'm viewing all of this.

Edited by Erny