Puppy Has Thickish Discharge

bullyxneo

Hi Everyone

Im hoping you can give me some info.

For about the past two weeks my 5 month old puppy has been having a thickish white/yellow discharge from her girly bits. Its thick enough to sort of dangle a bit before either i clean it off or she licks it off... I have heard some dogs start going on heat about 6 months and im wondering if this might have something to do with it? I havent noticed any bad smell.. and she seems fine in all other aspects.

Any idea?? Otherwise will be taking her to the vet for a check-up :thumbsup:

It might be absolutely nothing and/or easily treated.....simple vaginal infections or UTIs etc. But there are also other possibilities that are far more serious so I am glad you're going to act quickly. Far better to at least have it looked at.

I have often heard of this discharge, but never seen it.

I know it is called Vaginitis. So I would suspect some kind

of infection. I have heard many say it just goes away and

some it's just a puppy thing, but I am with the others and think

it needs checking.

The vet only had a free spot at 5.30 tonight so taking her then.

It doesnt smell or anything so i left it for over a week to see if it would clear up on its own, I thought it may have something to do with her coming into heat in a few weeks? But shes only 5.5 months old.

It hasnt cleared up, so i thought id ask if it was normal and if not was going to take her for a check up :laugh: I want to weigh her on the big machine anyway. I tried weighing her on my bathroom scales but one paw keeps falling off!

I will let everyone know tomorrow what it is, i doubt it will be anything nasty but she may need anti biotics and for peace of mind i would like to know for sure what it is.

Yep it was that vaginatis.

Vet said it is pretty normal and most puppies get it until they reach puberty.

Most have a smallish amount, some have a bit more.

Gave her some anti biotics to help clear it up, but he said some may remain and that is completely normal :D