Where Do You Buy 3 And 4 Way Pvc Connectors For Agility Equipment?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make some PVC agility equipment and I need 3 and 4 way PVC connectors. Because of my lack of ability to describe exactly what I need, could you please take a look at them in the photo (caption "necessary PVC connectors") on this webpage (that is unrelated to agility equipment) - http://www.ehow.com/how_5228124_build-simp...creen-yard.html. I am referring to the 4 way connector in the second column of the photo and 3 way connector in the 4th and 5th column in the photo. I hope those of you who have made PVC agility equipment know what I mean.

I tried bunnings... plumbing shop... electrical shop... *shrugs*. The connectors seem to be quite rare (or non-existant :eek: ).

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Cat

Edited by Dragon Whisperer

I don't think you can get those type of 3 way connectors in Australia - my hardware store doesn't stock them and I got blank looks when I tried to describe it. I ended up getting my parents to order it from the USA (I was making a box for running contacts).

I would try a water services / irrigation store.

McCrackens are up here - not sure what else is around the country.

just search for irrigation pvc fittings.

Iplex and Vinedex are the guys that make PVC in Australia - maybe google them too. I dare say they will just forward you to a retailer in your area..

Bunnings do sell 3 way connectors otherwise a plumbing shop will certainly. The 4 ways would be good but I can only see them available from Clean Run in US.

I have made some jumps and a tire jump from PVC. They work well but I am sorry now I bothered making the jumps. When I started at a club a while back the instructor suggested something else for jumps.

I brought those re cycled dark grey plastic stakes from the garden section at Bunnings. My trainer uses these and the cups are a hook in a square of wood which slides up and down the pole by a circle of elastic rope.

I didn't have a drill so couldn't make cups like this. But I cut PVC pipe into a thin slice and halved it again to make 2 u - shaped pieces of PVC.. I then taped the piece at the correct height. So when I go to the park or out to train I just stab these stakes into the ground and put poles across. The only thing is the poles must be placed a certain way across to work but this also means that you can jump both ways.

If you travel out to train these work well.

Sorry , really hard to describe.

Happy building anyway.

Edited by skip