Lightweight Collars?

charliehotel

I have a lab X that tends to get a rash on her neck if she wears a collar all the time. Usually I take her collar off when we are at home, and only use her collar when we are out. However we are going away to stay on the family farm and while we are up there she will need to have her collar on all the time. Does anyone know where I'd be able to find a really lightweight collar, maybe something made of webbing or an open weave kind of material, that will not irritate her neck? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks

The only collar I use on my dogs is a large linked fur saver collar.

They are available at petcetera and are not expensive.

They do not wear the fur or hold moisture like a solid collar - when used for walking they are not damaging like the 'usual' choker chain.

This was the only photo that I could find that showed the collar well as we don't often have the collars on at home.

post-23719-1253509463_thumb.jpg

I put my shelties in Ruff Wear 'stow-and-go harnesses' (avail at Waggle Wear) rather than a collar because its light weight and I can leave it loose enough so it doesnt irritate their skin or knot their fur. We do a lot of bushwalking and they can find a collar irritating after a while. Occassionally they wear a martingale but in bush I worry the martingales will get snagged if they are off chasing something.