Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

Shellbyville I add a cool mat in the box on hot days, if you don't have one a towel soak in cold water and put in the freezer for an hour also works. Hope it is cooler for you today.

Kelpiesrule congrats on your new choc babies :laugh: hope mum and babies are going well.

Dhana I hope your foal recovers quickly for you and you are able to get some sleep before the babies arrive.

Scarlets babies are going great guns, they have put on between 40-80 grams since yesterday :)

Leanne

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Kelpiesrule,

more choc babies, lovely......

Indy is still keeping her legs firmly closed, so nothing happening here....propably

good that she keeps them as long as possible at the moment, Murphy's Law has intervened

and at the present time, I am nursing a really sick foal pretty much around the clock so I

am getting spread a little thin... :laugh:

Oh dear, i hope ur little foal is better soon!

I think the little girl in my litter has the runs? I noticed it when Phoenix was outside to toilet. Any suggestions. Poor little thing is eating well, but she is not gaining like the others.. I have a boy similar but he is a little bigger... Any suggestions on why she would have the runs? Or is it normal? Ive never noticed a pup have it before as the mothers always keep them clean.

I think the little girl in my litter has the runs? I noticed it when Phoenix was outside to toilet. Any suggestions. Poor little thing is eating well, but she is not gaining like the others.. I have a boy similar but he is a little bigger... Any suggestions on why she would have the runs? Or is it normal? Ive never noticed a pup have it before as the mothers always keep them clean.

you could try a little bit of natural yoghurt (natural set with acidopholis) as this will restore the good bacteria in her belly and should clear up the ''runs'' pretty quick, and of course its all natural...

Shellbyville I add a cool mat in the box on hot days, if you don't have one a towel soak in cold water and put in the freezer for an hour also works. Hope it is cooler for you today.

Kelpiesrule congrats on your new choc babies :happydance2: hope mum and babies are going well.

Dhana I hope your foal recovers quickly for you and you are able to get some sleep before the babies arrive.

Scarlets babies are going great guns, they have put on between 40-80 grams since yesterday :thumbsup:

Leanne

That's great Leanne, they are obviously happy bubbies, and what a good mummy Scarlet must be.

Sleep....hmmmm I have heard of that, thought it was a myth :laugh: I am running on empty but all is good while I just don't stop for long....foal is pretty crook, have exhausted all veterinary options, now its up to him but I still have to deliver all his

electrolytes/yoghurt etc as well as milk mum (when he's not up) and feed him throughout the night, and as needed during the day. There is absolutely nothing else that we can do other than just keep doing what we are doing and hope he is a fighter... :heart:

Oh dear, i hope ur little foal is better soon!

Thanks,

Thanks for the suggestions...

I was hoping it wasnt... but it actually looks like a problem i have had before with one pup (Phoenix's sister) and a fellow breeder has had several times, she has spent a lot of money trying to find out what the problem is... it is like the baby cannot process the fat? (or is it protein) they consume. The puppy's poos are actually milk coloured, so it is like the food goes in one end and comes out the other without the puppy being able to absorb anything from it. They do survive but it is difficult and a hard slog, i know of a supplement to put her on once she is weaned, (Enzyplex) and she will need to go on a high protein, low fat diet... actually i think i have two puppies with it :happydance2: The joys of breeding..

Has anyone come across this problem before? We have been trying for years to find out how to treat it better than what we are.

Aziah.. do you think Protexin will still help? The runs are not bad (or often), it is just her poos are rather like thick milk coming out the other end...

My girl has been panting madly at the moment. I noticed heavy breathing around mid afternoon and by 5pm she was panting on and off - But now she is just constant -she is looking very uncomfortable too, wont sit still - She is moving around a lot and digging frantically in her box - she has been on and off nesting for the past couple of days but I think this time she is looking like things are starting to happen!

I guess we will see how she goes tonight!

Jess.

All the best Chopperlodge I suppose the two of us will be having late night!!

Congrats Rascal, another nice even split between the sexes......

Pics are gorgeous

Partipaws, yes going to be a long night here, stocked up on coffee

now just waiting for things to reallllly kick into gear, she is still huffing & puffing

but bubbies have moved right back now, so we will see how we go..

All the best for your night and hope things go well for you and your girl..

Congrats Rascal, another nice even split between the sexes......

Pics are gorgeous

Partipaws, yes going to be a long night here, stocked up on coffee

now just waiting for things to reallllly kick into gear, she is still huffing & puffing

but bubbies have moved right back now, so we will see how we go..

All the best for your night and hope things go well for you and your girl..

Good luck, Chopperlodge... This is my first even litter ever! My boys tend to throw alot of boys, but all you can hope for is healthy ones :laugh:

Congratulations Rascal on a lovely litter - gee its nice to see everyone getting an even split of sexes as Chopperlodge has mentioned also!

Hope it continues lol :laugh:

well done again - they look lovely - little squished faces :mad

Still huffing and puffing here too - and destroying the whelping box!

Got plenty of coffee and a bottle of champagne to crack open once all done to celebrate my first litter - lol - thats if I am really keen??

But I think coffee for now and just sit and wait!

All the best with your girl too and the coming puppies! :laugh:

We have some action here, a couple of hours of alot of huffing & puffing/panting ,

and she is quite uncomfortable. We will see what the night brings..

My girl has been panting madly at the moment. I noticed heavy breathing around mid afternoon and by 5pm she was panting on and off - But now she is just constant -she is looking very uncomfortable too, wont sit still - She is moving around a lot and digging frantically in her box - she has been on and off nesting for the past couple of days but I think this time she is looking like things are starting to happen!

I guess we will see how she goes tonight!

Good luck to the both of you and I hope everything goes smoothy and you both have healthy, strong babies.

Delilah came early, three boys, three girls all doing well..

Huge congrats on your gorgeous babies, they are so gorgeous :laugh:

Silly Scarlet decided she didn't need her stiches :laugh: , some how she ripped all the internal stiches out, so 3 hours later we are home again from the vets :laugh:

She is still really grogy but her babies have all had a feed.

Scarlets pups at day 2 are the same as weight as what Storms where at day 6 :mad they are such little chubbies.

Leanne

OOOh naughty Scarlet.

Well the girl is still making alot of noise with her panting etc but that's about it,

if there is no action during the night, looks like she is gonna be up for a vet visit, hopefully

she will kick into gear and we won't need it.

A long night ahead for me....

Good luck Jess