Vet's All Natural By Dr Bruce...

It is posted in the dark depths somewhere

I have tried this before and the dogs did well on it, unfortunately one of my dogs has allergy issues and i can't give her the grains. However, i raised my pup on it and she loves it and did very well

If you decide this is for you I have a bag to give away approx 2kg - has been opened for about 2 weeks only

I would use it up but it would take years with only one small dog, I bought it before the ugly allergy issues surfaced

Thumbs up from here

One thing I would suggest feeding less than the recommended amount it seems excessive

Also beware it grows the most terrific mould after 2 days when mixed with water for use, the dry stuff is fine

Edited by Neats

Yes I used it for all my dogs for several years, mixing it with minced chicken frames.

Eventually I discovered it was not good for dogs with allergies to grain and I came to seriously question the vitamin and mineral content of it too.

I have a Dobe that used to suffer the most terrible skin problems - when I changed him from VAN over to a prey diet, his skin problems went away and that was over 18thms ago.

For my smaller show dogs, they did OK on VAN and didn't exhibit any signs of being allergic to all the grain - they did however get the occasional stomach upset. I changed them over to Dr. B's BARF (frozen) and I have found the are doing sooooo much better on it. No stomach upsets at all now!

I would never go back to VAN now! I really think that they just don't need all that grain!

Edited by STITCH

I can't recommend the food highly enough. We have a 13 year old that bounces around like a spring chicken and a 12 year old that has had a high-grade heart murmer for years and we think it's the food that is giving him longevity. This was proven to us recently when we switched him onto artemis dry food he did nothing but cough and cough and cough, which can do quite a lot of damage. Moved him back onto VAN and his coughing was cut dramtically, if he had artemis all along I reckon he would have died about 2 years ago.

I do have to agree with people here who say that it's not good for dogs with allergies. My dog appears to have a grain allergy and I have had him off VAN for a couple of weeks and his skin condition has subsided. The other two dogs have no skin problems whatsoever and their eyes are clear and coats are really good. Their stools are also well-formed. We feed the already mixed stuff that we buy from Pet Cafe - it is mixed in with roo (it is possible that my dog has a roo allergy). At $6 a kilo packet I honestly don't know how they make a profit on it. He's definitley in it for love not money.

I have been impressed with all of the VAN products I have tried, including; the flaxseed oil, the natural shampoo and the joint formula (which is A LOT cheaper than other brands including sasha's blend and jointguard). People will talk about parts of the mix the dogs don't digest and think this is a problem, when if you read his papers it's becomes obvious that the things that the dogs don't digest, aren't meant to be digested, rather they are put in there to add bulk to the stool. Another thing with the stool is that the beetles in our lawn start breaking it down over time, whereas they didn't touch their stools from the artemis (I think there's something in that). Also the stools are a lot more pleasant in terms of smell when they are eating VAN.

My brother did a lot of research on dog food at one point (almost to the point of obsession) and he settled on VAN. Good luck with it, I hope you find the same success I have :-) Read up on the site - he has a number of factsheets that you can look at and in my opinion, his theory seems to be spot on (by the way, anyone reading this wanting to debunk anything I have said, please don't, I've heard it all before and I have formed my own adult opinion - thanks).

I have all my dogs on it, and they love it. They are the fourth generation to be fed on it but I agree that it is not for all dogs.

I use it to keep weight on them so be carefull how much you feed as the amount on the packet is way too much.

I have all my dogs on it, and they love it. They are the fourth generation to be fed on it but I agree that it is not for all dogs.

I use it to keep weight on them so be carefull how much you feed as the amount on the packet is way too much.

May explain why my mums golden retriever is overweight! :rofl:

I use it for dinners and mine both love it and thrive. It gives them a bit of variety as I can vary the mince they have with it and i like it because I dont have to worry about them getting all the necessary vitamins and can vary the meat/VAN mix according to their needs.

Have also found the weight loss formula to be really effective. And it is handy to keep both formulas so when we have been a less active I can give them the weight loss formula (like at the moment with all the rain and the complete mix at other times. I also up the amount of meat/protein in the mix when they are competing.

If anyone is interested in a very new bag that I have to give away let me know, i live on the sunshine coast

it is the 5kg bag

Have switched to BARF because of the allergy issues and one little 8kg whippet is never going to get through it

I think it is the Puppy one 1-2 yrs