California Natural

Dave73

Hi ,

I currently feed my ridgeback and shepherd artemis fresh mix adult , but recently been having trouble getting it and there are no retailers in Western Sydney to just go and pick up a bag from it has to be ordered over the internet and its becoming tiresome , so a local independant pet supplies shop sell California Natural and i was wondering how this stacks up against Artemis.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I thought you could only get it from PP or Pets Good Direct one of PPs subsiduarys. Im pretty sure PP are the only people who can import it thats why I never buy it

I think its pets goods direct actually i havent been there, was refered by a friend its only a small place , but unfortunately i need to feed my dogs something decent and that is easily obtained in my local area , i would prefer not to give money to PP but if thats the next best thing i have to till Artemis get a stockist out this way.

I thought you could only get it from PP or Pets Good Direct one of PPs subsiduarys. Im pretty sure PP are the only people who can import it thats why I never buy it

I think its pets goods direct actually i havent been there, was refered by a friend its only a small place , but unfortunately i need to feed my dogs something decent and that is easily obtained in my local area , i would prefer not to give money to PP but if thats the next best thing i have to till Artemis get a stockist out this way.

Where do you get your Artemis from? I get mine from Pookinuk and they even put it in the garage for me. :D

Where do you get your Artemis from? I get mine from Pookinuk and they even put it in the garage for me. :D

Natural pet store , but unfortunately i have expensive stuff in my garage so i can't leave it unlocked , that woiuld of been great, at the momment I'm getting it delivered to a mates shop but he is closing next month and all my neighbours work full time, so thats why Im wanting to change to a food I can get locally , eagle pack is out my shepherds belly doesn't like it .

Royal Canin do a German Shepherd one. I don't know much about it but a lot of folk here seem to like Royal Canin.

Lots of folk I know feed Advance and like it too. That's pretty widely available.

Which Artemis were/are you feeding?

Yeah I know I would think about the royal canine but the others no , there all grain , royal canine is too actually.

Fresh mix adult , look I think the food is great but it also has to be easy to purchase , Im hopeless I know I'm getting low and I just keep forgetting to order 2 new bags and then you relise you have 2 maybe 3 days left and then the stockist is out of stock...

Royal Canin do a German Shepherd one. I don't know much about it but a lot of folk here seem to like Royal Canin.

Lots of folk I know feed Advance and like it too. That's pretty widely available.

Yeah I know I would think about the royal canine but the others no , there all grain , royal canine is too actually.

Fresh mix adult , look I think the food is great but it also has to be easy to purchase , Im hopeless I know I'm getting low and I just keep forgetting to order 2 new bags and then you relise you have 2 maybe 3 days left and then the stockist is out of stock...

Yeah, I've noticed that about Royal Canin. Hills too - first ingredient is corn.

Have you got a Petbarn near by? One that might be worth trying is the Dick Van Patten stuff.. not a lot of grain if any. I think they use potato as the filler.

First ingredient in the Advance adult is chicken. I feed a fair bit of raw chicken so I feed other kibble.

Yeah, I've noticed that about Royal Canin. Hills too - first ingredient is corn.

Have you got a Petbarn near by? One that might be worth trying is the Dick Van Patten stuff.. not a lot of grain if any. I think they use potato as the filler.

First ingredient in the Advance adult is chicken. I feed a fair bit of raw chicken so I feed other kibble.

Yes I have tried it but my shepherd has the usual sensitive tummy and it didnt work, No one out here has even heard of Artemis and when Ive asked them would they stock it and get a no all the time , look California Natural might not work for her and I will have to stick to Artemis but i just wanted some reviews on it and then see if Ill give it a try. Advance has chicken which is 80% water it would be better if it was chicken meal.

Yes I have tried it but my shepherd has the usual sensitive tummy and it didnt work, No one out here has even heard of Artemis and when Ive asked them would they stock it and get a no all the time , look California Natural might not work for her and I will have to stick to Artemis but i just wanted some reviews on it and then see if Ill give it a try. Advance has chicken which is 80% water it would be better if it was chicken meal.

I use the Herring and Sweet Potato 4-5 mornings for breakfast for my allergy girl. Its the only dry food she can eat with breaking out. I have been using it for a couple of years now and I am happy with it.

I use Cali Natural for Mokha as it is the only dry food he can tolerate due to food sensitivities/allergies. I do not like that I can only source it from PP but I have not found another food that he does so well on. I love the food, I just wish someone else could import it.

I use Cali Natural for Mokha as it is the only dry food he can tolerate due to food sensitivities/allergies. I do not like that I can only source it from PP but I have not found another food that he does so well on. I love the food, I just wish someone else could import it.

Thanks , yes i have contacted them and the nearest one is over an hour away , I even contacted 2 more pet shops today in the western area and asked if they would stock it and got a no that they havent even heard of it , Im going to try my vet and see what he says , I think they need to market it a bit more.

Dave - California Natural, along with Evo and Innova, are under an exclusive arrangement to be imported only by PP. Trust me, we, and many others have tried to change this.

Going back to Artemis, if you have local stores where you shop, why not give them Judith's contact details and ask them to talk to her? I imagine she would send them info and samples etc and that way they may decide to stock it if you are going to keep buying?

Sags

Dave, California Natural is an excellent product but will be impoosible to buy if you dont want PP to have your money.

I have GSDs and they do very very well on Pro Plan Performance, which you can get for a very good price at World 4 Pets at Vineyard. Pet barn and Pet Stock also carry it. Even our sensitive kids do well on Pro Plan.

Dave, California Natural is an excellent product but will be impoosible to buy if you dont want PP to have your money.

Yes I agree. Just remember that any money going to PP will be used to buy more stock from puppy farms, more puppies to put in those glass containers purposefully placed at the front of their shops to encourage impulse buying :laugh:

Yes I agree. Just remember that any money going to PP will be used to buy more stock from puppy farms, more puppies to put in those glass containers purposefully placed at the front of their shops to encourage impulse buying :laugh:

Ill give pro plan a look but the pet supply shops more or less say its not up to them to chase the food its up to the company to (Artemis Australia) contact them and coming from a similar industry i agree if you want your product out there you have to push it ...

Anyway I have 2 bags at present and when they are getting low if there are no stockists out here California Natural it is.........

Thanks for the views on the food