Brighton Dog Beach

I've always meant to go there. Is it really 'enclosed', how does that work? for some reason that confuses my head, hehe.

Also whereabouts is it, is there a sign?

Yep, total enclosed. The only place for them to go is out to sea :clap:

There is a fence that runs all the way along the path with a gate at each end.

Not the best map but will give you the general idea. If you park at the Brighton baths, face the water and look to your right. You will see/hear all the dogs! http://www.bayside.vic.gov.au/animals_brighton_beach.htm

This one will give you an idea of how its enclosed http://wikimapia.org/12301478/Brighton-Dog-Beach

Cool ta.

Do most of the dogs play together there or is it more dog park type atmosphere where your dog stays with you?

Yay finally beach weather again! As soon as I've not so much got so much damn work, we'll be back down there :mad

Shylar's lightning bolts coming out of her ears crack me up every time I look at a photo of her :D

ROFL lightening bolts! EVERYONE comments on her ear fluffs haha, our instructor at obedience calls her butterfly LOL

I'm very sad to say that as she has aged the ear fluff has reduced and is thinning out, there may be no lightening bolts in future :) lol

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting this Forum.

My Fiance and I took our dog Sox down there yesterday 10.01.2010 and he had a field day with all the dogs there.

The people with the dogs are all lovely and even gave us the great new's that we can swim with our pets. This will take us a while as mine hates not being able to feel the ground underneath him.

I have even referred a friend from work here as she heard me chatting about it and how happy I was.

The Jellyfish there are harmless I have been told from a coast gaurd a while ago apparently the dogs are fine and we can get a minor sting off them nothing life threatening though.

Look forward to getting to know you all and your canine pals.

Richie,Mel and Sox :):)