Vegetarian Dog

LizT

My sister who lives in London was telling me about her flatmate who owns a lovely Basset Hound that she spends a great deal of time caring for.

The dog is a vegetarian (so is the owner) and gets a commercial brand of Vegetarian Dog Food.

25 years ago I had friends from England who were also Vegetarians and they also had a friend with a Vegetarian German Shepherd.

?????

Wrong!!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!!

How dare a human inflict such a thing on any animal that is designed to eat meat!

It is a human choice to not eat meat - I am pretty sure they didn't ask/offer the dog what they would prefer if they had the choice!

Dog "Hmmmm raw meaty bones and yummy meat or ewwwwww carrot!"

Don't get me wrong my dogs get veges every day - but it is 'mixed/added' in with a strict BARF diet and they get bones EVERY morning for breakfast!

If only the RSPCA would go after owners who insist on this kind of cruelty to animals!

Perhaps people who really want a vegetarian dog should go buy a goldfish!

I really just wish the tree-hugging vegetarians that do this could experience what it would be like to be fed rare meat for the rest of their lives.

There are so many threads on this its ridiculous so how about we just let the Original poster know where these threads are and just lock the thread. Its going around in circles and it aint pretty.

Yes, I've just been reading about the thread in General Discussions. Quite a bit said. Sorry, but is is difficult to 'see' everything being 'said' around the forum.

Oh, and apparently the Bassett gets the "occasional" marrow bone??