Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RV the 13th was supposed to be Gibbs' first show but iv had cold feet cant get down to show handling class and im too afraid to go in the ring until i do

Booker is entered too MG :) Just come down and give it a go, if Gibbs plays up in the ring it isn't the end of the world! Plenty of naughty show dogs out there! Booker is naughty :laugh: No one expects puppies to be perfectly behaved.

How could cute booker be naughty ;) now if you had of said wolf or kelari i'd believe you :laugh:

I took a pup in the ring for the first time at the royal in the puppy class. I could barely get the dog to move or stand still lol and i hav had experience showing my own pups.

My vey first show with no training was the rotti specialty with chandra i went in walked to where they pointed held dogs lead walked when judge told em to move dog lol i never even stacked her had no idea what that was or baiting when they said no baiting lol

And more rumbustious :eek::rofl: I was looking around and all these lovely puppies were sitting quietly with their owners...I had to actively keep Zac occupied the whole time!!! LAT to the rescue :thumbsup:

Booker was very well behaved!

This is when we needed to bring crates ;)

Though, Pippa would probably bark/squeak the whole time. At least when she was out she was quiet. She kept looking at the dog who wouldn't stop barking but didn't get upset or aroused by it, she just kinda looked at it as if to say why on earth are you carrying on like a pork chop? I rewarded her when she looked at me, but I might also try the LAT game :)

Go back a page MG I answered it :provoke:

But here is more

Leslie McDevitt's LOOK AT THAT! Game

Object of the game is to simultaneously build focus and change the dog’s attitude toward an environmental stimulus.

In this exercise the environmental stimulus (ES) is usually another dog or a human.

Rewarding a dog for looking at a human or another dog (the ES) he is worried about or interested in playing with changes the dog’s internal response to the ES. This exercise gives the dog structure for what to do when a dog or other trigger is present because good things happen that do not involve the trigger. The environmental trigger becomes the CUE for the dog to look back at the handler.

Guest RosieFT

hey RS - you appeared at my side whilst i was talking to Megan re bathroom renovating, then i turned and you had vanished!! Bathrooms not your thing LOL

Pippa is super cute and super hyper terrier like... :thumbsup: Thanks for the agility book by the way, Amy gave it to me last night.

boxagirl - sorry, we knew you by your puppy and didn't think that we didn't have our dogs with us LOL . I asked you how old he was 'now' hee hee as if i had known him all along...

boxagirl - sorry, we knew you by your puppy and didn't think that we didn't have our dogs with us LOL . I asked you how old he was 'now' hee hee as if i had known him all along...

I know, and I commented on how he was so big already, we must have sounded like loonies :rofl:

I know, and I commented on how he was so big already, we must have sounded like loonies

:rofl: I know who you two are now... although don't expect me to recognise you without your dogs still lol ;)

Guest RosieFT

Well, I am no loonie.. but watch out for that Amy girl... she doesn't even HAVE a dog.. "in the crate" ssuuuuure amy, whatever you say.....

:D

I've been chuckling my way through the last couple of pages :D

Boxagirl, I barely recognise anyone without their dogs either, although Amypie I recognise by her hair as well! I'm a bit worried that at the christmas dinner because nobody will have their dogs that I'll walk straight past someone I've already met and not realise it's them. :o Booker's gorgeous btw!

BTW, seeing as a couple of you haven't looked in yet, this thread re the christmas dinner I mention needs your attention!! (Bedazzled?? Boxagirl?? RosieFT's just playing hard to get :p)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/228245-perth-dol-christmas-dinner/

19th Nov will sneak up fast!

Boxagirl, I barely recognise anyone without their dogs either, although Amypie I recognise by her hair as well! I'm a bit worried that at the christmas dinner because nobody will have their dogs that I'll walk straight past someone I've already met and not realise it's them. :o Booker's gorgeous btw!

:laugh: Story of my life! One day I'm going to straighten it and I reckon no one will recognise me :laugh:

Guest RosieFT

I have a friend who gets hers chemically straightened.. i knew her for over a year before i found out she was actually a curly head! :-)