The Spotted Devil

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huski, please see my quote...
I would PTS a dog if it severely bit a child. Wouldn't think twice about it. If it nipped the child for being rough, then I wouldn't.

And I still maintain that why the dog bit is important.

I would PTS a dog if it severely bit a child. Wouldn't think twice about it. If it nipped the child for being rough, then I wouldn't.

Were you there or have you seen the child since it happened? Asking because of what you have wrote about the bite on here.

Were you there or have you seen the child since it happened? Asking because of what you have wrote about the bite on here.

I recall poodlefan asking you a similar question which remains unanswered a few pages back. Hmm.

Edited by FranCQ

The post of mine you've quoted above is not referring to one specific incident but dog bites/attacks in general. In any situation, it's important to know why the attack occured, in order to help prevent them in the future.

What have I written about the bite on here, and where have I ever claimed to know what happened?

Greetings to all forum members,

I've just registered on this forum so I can give "dogs" a voice.

The husky that Allegedly" attacked a toddler in the hair salon is a family member to my friends(the owners). I have read these many pages in response to this topic, and find it unfair that the majority of people are ignorant to what the facts of the matter really are.

Have any you actually gone down there and made your own investigations? How can you rely solely on information told by the media? If the media told you that paris Hilton has an IQ of 360, would you believe that too?

Honestly, it angers me to think that there are a lot of unitelligent adults out there.

If you were one of the many thousands of people that have patted this dog while walking up and down Chapel Street, you will say "i can't believe that husky would ever attack".

There are many facts surrounding this matter that has not been discussed in this forum.

Did you know that this Husky hasn't been charged with an offence and yet he's locked up with 10 mins in a concrete yard to stretch his legs every 24 hopurs?

Did you know that the toddler in question, was treated in the ambulance, and that the ambulance was there for over 20 minutes before thet drove off to the hospital without the sirens screaming?

I bet NONE of you did.

:)

The husky that Allegedly" attacked a toddler in the hair salon is a family member to my friends(the owners). I have read these many pages in response to this topic, and find it unfair that the majority of people are ignorant to what the facts of the matter really are.

Have any you actually gone down there and made your own investigations? How can you rely solely on information told by the media? If the media told you that paris Hilton has an IQ of 360, would you believe that too?

Honestly, it angers me to think that there are a lot of unitelligent adults out there.

If you were one of the many thousands of people that have patted this dog while walking up and down Chapel Street, you will say "i can't believe that husky would ever attack".

There are many facts surrounding this matter that has not been discussed in this forum.

Did you know that this Husky hasn't been charged with an offence and yet he's locked up with 10 mins in a concrete yard to stretch his legs every 24 hopurs?

Did you know that the toddler in question, was treated in the ambulance, and that the ambulance was there for over 20 minutes before thet drove off to the hospital without the sirens screaming?

I bet NONE of you did.

Unfortunately, as has been said in this thread many times, just because ONE person (or many people) have a great relationship with the dog in question doesn't mean that everyone does. Dogs may like one person and the next smells funny to them. Dogs also don't see children the same way that they see adults.

I haven't relied on the media as I don't read the paper and I don't watch the news (too depressing). I read the initial article here then formed my own opinions based on anectdotal evidence having grown up in hairdressing salons having two parents who are hairdressers and also growing up around dogs with most of my family involved in showing and breeding. Also based on the fact that I have four children, two who are the same age as the girl in question and one of my older sons who was bitten on the face by a dog who had no previous history of aggression and had no incidents past that one day.

Another anectode - I've been in an ambulance with someone suffering a heart attack. Person was stable so they went to the hospital without the sirens blaring and the didn't run red lights either - they got there with haste, but not rushed. I have since discovered that the sirens only come on if it's life or death and the patient isn't stable (in Qld anyway - no idea about interstate policy and it also could have changed in the last 15 years since I was in the ambulance.)

AGAIN - two innocent victims. Poor dog and poor child. Both pawns.

Have any you actually gone down there and made your own investigations?

Probably not. Not everyone in this thread lives in South Yarra, let alone Victoria. Rather than abuse the posters in this thread and call them ignorant and unintelligent, take it up with the journo who wrote the article. Easy peasy.

As for siren's screaming - what Ashanali said. I do believe, but will stand corrected, that ambos need permission to have sirens screaming.

Have any you actually gone down there and made your own investigations?

Rather than abuse the posters in this thread and call them ignorant and unintelligent, take it up with the journo who wrote the article.

What abuse ?

I bet NONE of you did.

:thumbsup:

First off I know how this discussion would make you feel but you have to keep in mind it is just that a discussion. Have you never discussed anything before with friends or family? Just because you werent there or dont have the whole story doesnt mean you dont speak of it.

Second as others have said the fact that he is fine in some situations is not evidence he didnt do it.

I also see why you would be so upset with his treatment, there is much to be desired about the treatment of dogs like this. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

Poor little girl. :)

Just to let you know, that little was at home on the same is now fine. i've seen a photo of her after she was treated, and you coudn't see a sign of any marks on her face.

FYI: is she was "attacked" or mauled by a big dof, her injuries would've been very visible on the news.

I bet NONE of you did.

First off I know how this discussion would make you feel but you have to keep in mind it is just that a discussion. Have you never discussed anything before with friends or family? Just because you werent there or dont have the whole story doesnt mean you dont speak of it.

Second as others have said the fact that he is fine in some situations is not evidence he didnt do it.

I also see why you would be so upset with his treatment, there is much to be desired about the treatment of dogs like this. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

4 weeks and no charges against owner. Where is this evidence of dog bite? If one comes up now, would'nt it be a bit suss?

How come no one has questioned the parents?

Dog or not, obviously you people don't understand that this husky was not in the salon. He was in the second section of the premises which is divided by two wide steps. This area has nothing to do with the salon, only a reception desk, with a concept bar. The mother neddn't even go as far as the steps but she did. She also has two dogs at home.

Perhaps that is because dogs dont get charged, owners do.

well duh, of course owners do. But who is going to give this dog a voice? Or any other dog or animal that has been wrongly accused?

I dont think any one is saying they would have a dog PTSd cause it reacted as a one off. The point is if this dog IS allowed to go home I would think they would want to be proactive regardless of what restrictions are placed on it. Example - dont allow the dog run of the shop - restrain it when unsupervised, muzzle the dog when you are in a situation where something unpredictable might happen.

Now after a conversation on the weekend I have thought a bit more about some issues. See in Canberra we are only just getting enclosed public dog parks so before then (given the size and population of Canberra) it was very difficult say to walk a dog without having children, dogs ect present. Its something I guess you learn to live with. However after visiting Melbourne talking to people there I realise not all places are like this and some have the luxury of being able to avoid people.

So I think a muzzle would depend on where you lived and if you had access to an area like this where you could really be sure not to say have school kids run past ect. But if they lived and walked their dog in an area where an incodence like this COULD happen again I would muzzle. Im not being nasty to the dog but concerned they WILL be PTSd if the owners do nothing. To society a dog that does bite twice is a accident waiting to happen and really as responsible dog owners now that they know there dog can/will react to discomfort or shock by biting they need to take steps to protect the public the same way as we call for the public to provide some protection for our dogs. Its gotta be a compramise.

I would also like to say Id never allow my daughter to approach a strange dog (especially one thats unrestrained) and teach her that there are ways to handle any type of animal. But if she just fell and bumped a dog and it reacted badly enough to cause that kind of damage be sure Id be VERY angry with the owners. I wouldnt ask for them to destroy the dog but I would ask for it to be muzzled in public. I think thats fair.

There has to be some give on both sides.

The last paragraph is what I'm talking about. Kids are innocent and education about being around animals is very imoirtant. On the other hand, I don't support muzzling as this is cruel for dogs that are not clearly vicious or dangerous. In this matter: Husky v Toddler- I don't think the child is at fault. From the source I got was the father and two staff that were there that day, after they heard the child start crying) they all turned to look and saw the child on the floor, all fours facing away from the husky, while the husky while lying down behind her chewing on a treat with his down. Apparently, the mother wa NOT next to the child at the time.

On the news they said the dog was eating, and snapped at h etoddler,

Footage of her in the ambulance- smiling away- didn't look to be too much damage, Apparently she got injuries to a lip. It could have been a lot worse. The dog's owner was quite blase at first, and then appeared most distressed as the ranger took the dog away.

You have no idea what the owners are going through right now. No one seems to care. They are my best friends. I too have a child and she is 3yo. I love that husky. But I know what my little girl is like. She rough and falls down a lot, I wouldn't even put her near the dog unless I was there to supervise.

Did you see the father on the news as well? He was talking to a reporter while the ambulance was still there! Was that absolutely necessary? I even heard him chuckle a couple of times. That doesn't look like a distressed dad. While the owner was in tears. Of course, He had to keep himself composed. He has a business to run as well. Is he supposed to act like a carzy lunatic?

That isnt unfortunately that rare Im afraid. Evidence of the bit like photos ect would most likely been collected already its going through all the witnesses ect and then going into a meeting to decide type thing.

It can also help protect the dogs from people that want to bait them ect.

The child was in a public place if there was a bcak section it should have been sealed off to keep the customers safe. They are probably lovely people but that was a bad decision on their part and the fact they had dogs that were around their bussiness means they take on some responisbility for the care of the dogs and the public who enter their business. Do they have signs warning people not to go into that area because of the dogs?

Also have you read that friends of the child family have been in and contradict your account?

I also think the attitude of blaming the child and declaring her injuries not that serious is not good enough in my books. I think I can stand up and say this as I have had a dog in a simillar situation - there was no injury to the child but my dog did scare her. I paid the fine accepted some conditions because I think that is only fair as a responsible owner. By the way my do was in the pound for two weeks and recieved injuries while there and that while having no injuries at all! It may seem unfair but 4 weeks sounds about right. They need to find a solution thats fair to everyone.

I dont want to upset you further because Im sure as their friend you only want to defend the good people you know. But as heartless as it seems the dog should not have been where people had access unless under effective control. We can only go by the general information supplied and I am inclined to think the truth is some where inbetween.

That father is going to beat himself up for what happened for the rest of his life and if she is worth her salt, so will his partner.

Both my children are runners. My youngest, almost four, is not quite out of that habit yet. They are skinny gazelles who can nick off down the aisle of Blockbuster and be out the door before you know it.

That child should not have been left unattended. Watching from the corner of your eye in the mirror as your hair is being cut is not adequate supervision in a work place possessing such dangerous things as stated in previous posts. I have witnessed a toddler pick up a tray of bleach and sink her FACE in it while the mother was having her head shampooed. Off to emergency with wet hair went that mother!

I feel for the little girl, I feel for the father and also the dog, who should have been left alone to eat in peace and not be put in such a situation. :)

I agree