Boarding Kennels Adelaide

wire

Thanks Miz, in the process of speaking with them.

Has been suggest to try Oakwood Kennels in Mylor by Topspot. They're not answering phone at the moment but obviously because it's feeding time!

Will advise on results.

Oakwood fully booked also. The woman sounded very nice and caring on the phone. Anotherone to keep in mind. They only board up to 15 dogs at a time which I like.

Off to Meadows Boarding Kennels this morning. They have the space, just want to have a look around.

:rolleyes: Topspot Kennels are where my guys board and I cant praise it highly enough :rofl:

Up until this year I had 4 dogs, all with special needs in one way or another -medication, jackets, seperation issues and extreme old age......lol

They were all very well cared for and the lady was happy for me to ring regularly for updates.They came home healthy, happy and clean.

I do always have to book well ahead though :eek:

• 1 month later...
Hi all Try Hedgegrove Boarding kennels they have a 2 story cattery bran new, 3 dogs kennel blocks The place is really nice my animals love it their i have 2 cats, and a dog. my animals are so excited when we pull up at hedgegrove and they make lots of friends too.

Sorry Kennel Hand, I have to disagree. I was very unsatisfied with this place. I believe you work there also? :mad

To be honest you generally hear the negative about a business, rather than positives that is human nature. I am glad that you enjoy your job and that you are happy, I will not go into what I have heard as that is not appropriate for this forum. As long as you care for the dogs, theirs and their owners needs are met and that you maintain hygeinic conditions that is what is important. I personally will only recommend places that I or those close to me have had positive experiences with.

I have read your posts on the other thread, I do have one question though. That dog was obviously sent with his own food but you fed it your own, had you checked with the records or asked the owner if that dog had special dietary requirements? Please do not think I am being harsh but things like that are very important in my opinion. I hope that you continue your passion and make the dogs in your care as healthy and happy as you possibly can :thumbsup:

Edited by casowner

To be honest you generally hear the negative about a business, rather than positives that is human nature. I am glad that you enjoy your job and that you are happy, I will not go into what I have heard as that is not appropriate for this forum. As long as you care for the dogs, theirs and their owners needs are met and that you maintain hygeinic conditions that is what is important. I personally will only recommend places that I or those close to me have had positive experiences with.

I have read your posts on the other thread, I do have one question though. That dog was obviously sent with his own food but you fed it your own, had you checked with the records or asked the owner if that dog had special dietary requirements? Please do not think I am being harsh but things like that are very important in my opinion. I hope that you continue your passion and make the dogs in your care as healthy and happy as you possibly can :thumbsup:

Interesting they say they fed him his food, because the same amount came back as what I gave - give or take half a cup. and given the recommendations state 3-4 cups a day for this size, that seems a little odd.

If anyone is curious, none of my concerns have been attended to by the person who works there who has become a DOL member in the last 24 hours. I'm not doubting her love for animals and that she gives her best efforts to her job, I'm just saying none of my concerns have been addressed.

Edited by Pete.the.dog