Bayer Advantix

yotis

Hey guys,

Me 6 months old lab Milo is due for his fleas, ticks treatment today and I applied it without fully reading all the instruction... IE. I put it on the 3 spots on his body while he was eating but on his fur not on the skin.... Afterwards I thought it didnt make sense and read the complete instruction :S It mentioend skin....

So given that I have put it on his fur and not his skin, I am thinking of redoing it tonight onto the skin while he is eating dinner.... Is it ok for me to do this or would this cause an overdosage?

This is the one I have... http://www.bayeranimal.com.au/default.aspx...0&ItemId=14

Yots.

I wouldn't be putting more on him so soon. Those sorts of chemicals do have a pretty wide range of error but for me, nope.

ETA: just curious, why the mention of putting it on him while he's eating?

Edited by Sandra777

I wouldn't be putting more on him so soon. Those sorts of chemicals do have a pretty wide range of error but for me, nope.

ETA: just curious, why the mention of putting it on him while he's eating?

Coz that is the only time I could have him standing and on one spot, which means I can only put it on him in two different times a day... otherwise he'd think its play time and I'll have a hell of a time trying to get him to stand still on one spot and not think its play time.

If not putting it on him so soon, how long to you think I should wait?

The stuff works and spreads by muscle movement. If his coat isn't too thick it can still penetrate and spread over the body - in which case I'd wait out the month.

Alternatively, wait a week and do a thorough check of the dog and see if you can see any live fleas on him. If you can see lots of live fleas, it hasn't worked so treat again.

The stuff works and spreads by muscle movement. If his coat isn't too thick it can still penetrate and spread over the body - in which case I'd wait out the month.

Alternatively, wait a week and do a thorough check of the dog and see if you can see any live fleas on him. If you can see lots of live fleas, it hasn't worked so treat again.

If you're using it as a tick preventative, you can reapply it in 2 weeks time :rofl:

Thanks guys, I'm using it for fleas and ticks... So far he seemed ok with it, his coat is not very long but I have seen him scratch himself every now and then since yesterday. Think I'll reapply it in 2 weeks time properly just incase.

I,d say it will still work. Last month I accidentally put Advantix on my long coated dogs hair.Some went onto her skin but not the whole tube. Two weeks later I found a dead tick in her coat. So I wouldn't worry to much.

Also if you have a cat you have to be very careful as it can kill a cat if it grooms the dog b4 it dries, & it takes forever to dry.

All good no kittens here anymore :cry:

I,d say it will still work. Last month I accidentally put Advantix on my long coated dogs hair.Some went onto her skin but not the whole tube. Two weeks later I found a dead tick in her coat. So I wouldn't worry to much.

Cool good to know, I'm not so sure with Milo... He does like to scratch himself abit lately, hence why I'm thinking re-apply in a week's time.