Hilary's Dog Beach - Perth

:ange:

Has anyone been to this dog beach and can reccommend it?

I'm looking for a beach that has no waves (like Rockingham beach but not as far) so my young dog can get introduced to the water without big waves dumping on him... Was going to take him to Riverside Gardens but I thought I would try for somewhere I could also swim as well (not a fan of swimming in the river)..

:thumbsup:

It's a shame you are North Ange! I went to my local beach (because Kwinana Beach Rd was closed!) and the water was soooooo flat, beautifully warm water and was shallow for a good few meters before it got to paddle depth. James took about 15 minutes before he remembered he knew how to swim!!

Sorry can't help you with the Hillary's Q tho.

It's been a few years since I've been there, but as I recall, it's lovely and calm until the seabreeze comes in, and not too bad afterwards. Just be aware that it can get really busy, especially on weekends, and assuming I'm talking about the same place, and nothing's changed, be careful not to go over into the horse exercise area without a lead and some commonsense.

Enjoy!

It's been a few years since I've been there, but as I recall, it's lovely and calm until the seabreeze comes in, and not too bad afterwards. Just be aware that it can get really busy, especially on weekends, and assuming I'm talking about the same place, and nothing's changed, be careful not to go over into the horse exercise area without a lead and some commonsense.

Enjoy!

I was just talking to Mason's Mom about Hillary's dog beach yesterday - she said it was flat (no waves) and was perfect for humans and dogs alike. They went there last week and thought it was better than Leighton because there were no waves.

They also have a dog wash thingy there and yes it does apparently get very busy at weekends. I intend to head up there over the holidays as I suspect it's no further away than Leighton Beach and I will come home with a clean dog in the back of the car instead of half the beach! :crossfingers:

Edited by ~ArtyFarty~

Yep we always take our dog to Hillarys (even though we live near Armadale lol). It's always really good in terms of water but the others are right that it does get SO busy in the afternoons so maybe keep your dogs on a leash until you get down to the water and see how busy it is?

Guest belgian.blue

I was there last Sunday Ange .. very awesome beach!!!! We both loved it.

Yes it was busy but still plenty of room and no dog fights.

The water was stunning and Ivy went for her first ever swim, I was amazed at how clear the water was.

Added bonus if you love horses, like me, as the horse beach is nextdoor and watching the horses play in the water was pretty darn awesome :(

Five paws from Ivy and I.

• 2 weeks later...
Love Hillarys dog beach :D

It's best very early in the morning - nice and calm sea, and not too many people.

Yep, I'm heading there early tomrrow morning. Supposed to be going back to work but decided just one extra day off won't hurt! :)

Great pics Rubystar, I recognise a few dogs and a few people! :)

Thornliegirl have you considered heading down to Kwinana Dog Beach? it is a lot quieter but it generally is pretty flat, the sand is beautiful and clean and it is a lot closer to you!! I lived in Thornlie growing up and we used to go to Kwinana all the time.

I'm thinking about trying Kwinana dog beach this weekend, but I'm not sure on the directions. Can anyone please help? :)

Thornliegirl have you considered heading down to Kwinana Dog Beach? it is a lot quieter but it generally is pretty flat, the sand is beautiful and clean and it is a lot closer to you!! I lived in Thornlie growing up and we used to go to Kwinana all the time.

I'm thinking about trying Kwinana dog beach this weekend, but I'm not sure on the directions. Can anyone please help? :)

Might try it with you if I can get directions...