Dog Boarding With Diabetes

Guest tamera

Hi there

Does anyone know of a good dog boarding facility in Sydney that will take a dog with Diabetes

My Cavallier who is 6 has been diagnosed a few months and needs twice daily injections.

He usued to occasionally go to Hanrob but they dont take dogs with Diabetes

Thanks tamera

Send Pax (that's her username) from here message via PM (top right hand corner).

She has kennels and the care offered is fabulous - she may be able to help. The care there far exceeds the cursory glance your dog gets at Hanrob! She does not take a lot of dogs at one time so they all get individual attention and outside time (not just the recommended 10 mins twice a day).

She has had my dog (notoriously difficult breed to board) there since before Xmas and I have to say I have not really about him.

Edited by Danois

Send Pax (that's her username) from here message via PM (top right hand corner).

She has kennels and the care offered is fabulous - she may be able to help. The care there far exceeds the cursory glance your dog gets at Hanrob! She does not take a lot of dogs at one time so they all get individual attention and outside time (not just the recommended 10 mins twice a day).

She has had my dog (notoriously difficult breed to board) there since before Xmas and I have to say I have not really about him.

thanks for that I have just sent her a message . Happy New Year !!

tamera

I can't help you, as we're in WA. But I'd add that care for diabetes is not difficult for a kennel. . . . at least one that ordinarily feeds twice a day. I'd rather give insulin jabs than try to give tablets to some dogs that hate and avoid them. If you have a kennel that you like, otherwise, have a chat with the manager and see if anyone is willing to learn. Many breeders, and many people with livestock, have given sub cutaneous injections. Most kennels can do special food, particularly if you supply the ingredients.

Edited by sandgrubber

A member of my family boarded an older dog with diabetes at CJ'S Kennels at Bobs Farm near Nelson's Bay for 6 weeks.They drove up from Sydney especially to use this place, as they were so happy with them the last time they used their services.

There were no extra charges for the twice daily insulin injections and her vet glucose tests after she came home, showed her diabetes well controlled.So she must have been given the right treatment whilst in boarding.

This particular dog needed daily ointment on her nose and drops in eyes as well, and this was done, again at no extra charge.

The family chose to take their own food, as the dog is used to that and it is appropraite for the diabetes.The kennels therefore charged less for boarding because the food was not inlcuded.

Twice daily walks were included in the service.

Guest tamera
What area are you in? The vet I used to work at did boarding and they would treat the dogs who needed special attention.

Hi sorry for the late reply but i am just getting usued to this site

I live in the Cronulla area

thanks tmera