Western Tiers Kc (tas)

capanash

Hi Tassy DOLers!!! I finally decide it was time to visit Tas, so i'm having a camping holiday.

Who's coming to Westbury??? :rofl:

1) I'm looking for somewhere that I can use a hydrobath, preferably within an hr of Westbury *** would only need one Sunday arvo after the show

2) Not sure if there is a show van in Tas, so if anyone wants anything brought over from K9 Antics (Seb and Glorias show van), then I can pick it up for them next weekend. You can call them on (03) 9306 8299.

3) Also if anyone wants any show suits I can bring some over, just let me know sizes ect.

Edited by capanash

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We certainly know how to have fun down here in Tassie, will be great to have some visitors. The grounds are somewhat dry, but are being watered but the facilities are good the showers are hot and the pressure is great. There are heaps of people camping :laugh: It is a small dedicated committee that run the show and we are all looking forward to the four days of showing. I gather you are coming over on the Spirit??

There are no regular show vans in Tassie, only Marg Brett (only does the southern shows and hasn't been well) and another gentleman again only does the southern shows. I will send you a pm of a lady who has a grooming business only 2 mins max from the ground.

Oh yes I am coming to Westbury it is our very local show :o

We wont be doing this bunch of shows...

??? is it the first time that Tassie has EVER had 4 shows in a row ???

Good luck to all the locals, and especially the visitors :rofl: . Hope you enjoy your stay, and enjoy our gorgeous state... Just be careful on the roads, too many deaths already

Just going over on the boat on Thursday, and the cost for the car was something like $980 I think, (that was for 2 adults, 2 kids, in a bunk overnight)... Just a word of advice... When you are ready to pay, ring TT Lines a few times per day, for a couple of days, and grab the lowest price. I dont know why, but, we were quoted anywhere between the $980, and $1100, cos we kept ringing for extra things :laugh::o . I still wonder if we tried again, could we have gotten the price lower :dancingelephant: .

We wont be doing this bunch of shows...

??? is it the first time that Tassie has EVER had 4 shows in a row ???

Good luck to all the locals, and especially the visitors :) . Hope you enjoy your stay, and enjoy our gorgeous state... Just be careful on the roads, too many deaths already

Just going over on the boat on Thursday, and the cost for the car was something like $980 I think, (that was for 2 adults, 2 kids, in a bunk overnight)... Just a word of advice... When you are ready to pay, ring TT Lines a few times per day, for a couple of days, and grab the lowest price. I dont know why, but, we were quoted anywhere between the $980, and $1100, cos we kept ringing for extra things :hug::( . I still wonder if we tried again, could we have gotten the price lower :D .

Yes this is the first occassion that Tasmania has been able to conduct four championship shows in consectutive days. The hard working club members have done a great job in the organising of these events and the whole town has got behind it and supported it :)

:hug: to the committee - it's a big job - but it's nice to see that you'll attract some mainlanders. Sadly, won't be there. I have to go to Melbourne for a family gathering on the Sunday - and because of the flight times, dogs have to go into kennels on the Saturday and get picked up on the Monday.

Safe travelling, rajacadoo family - the dogs and I went over on the Spirit for a week in Melbourne over Christmas - our 4th return trip for 2009 :) . More often than not it's a really smooth trip.

capanash - and others. There's a great place to exercise dogs when you get off the boat - at the end of Tarleton St in East Devonport - used to be a tip :( - now it's a lovely park area, bordered by the sea - nice bitumen path winding through it.

You get to it by turning left at the first set of traffic lights you come to, then go straight to the end of the roan - about a k.

Hi Capanash,

There is a do it yourself hydrobath off Goderich Street, Invermay (suburb of Launceston, half hour drive from Westbury) that you can use for $1 per minute. It is just off a side street on the left hand side of the road just before Maccas which is on the other side. Look for the car wash, it is at the side. I use it for most shows for my newfie. Just don't use the flea rinse tho, smells really nice but tends to give my boy the itchies!!!

Sharyn

Saturday 23rd January - Group 7 - 46 - Standard Poodles - 2

Sunday 24th January - Group 7 - 50 - Standards - 2

Monday 25th January - Group 7 44 - Standards - 2

Tuesday 26th January - Group 7 - 46 - Standards 2

Total Entries - Saturday 392, Sunday 399, Monday 366, Tuesday 359.

Edited by gsdzrul

Yes I received my numbers :eek: I know i'm going end up forgetting to bring various bits and pieces... I suppose aslong as I bring the dog it should all be fine... lol

I'm thinking about a caravan park instead of staying at the grounds, not sure what the facilities r like their... know any dog friendly caravan parks near by?