Best Diet For Shiny Coat

I could be wrong but I thought dogs are a bit like horses - some of them have the irridescent (SP) gene that makes them nice and shiney and some dont. No matter how hard you try you cant get them to shine.

I know my BC boy just seems to "shine" no matter what he has been eating or whether he was rolling in sheep poop 1/2 hour before. Whereas my girl doesnt seem to have the same shine but is fed the same diet.

Just a question what is Livamol??

Livamol is a dietry supplement most commonly used with horses, it is based on high omega oils and other vitamins/minerals aimed at coat and skin condition. Its great stuff I have used it with both horses and dogs with fantastic results

Has anybody found that their dog just wont eat their food if Livamol is added? My dogs just don't seem that enthusiastic about their meal with that livamol in it and I do struggle to get them to eat more than a bite or two.

no problems here Jeanne....I think mine were so used to Vets All Natural floating through their food, it was just another taste to them...Mine have always had a varied diet. so taste at meal time could always be different.(not that they have a 4 course gourmet dinner each night with a menu planner beside it to tick for the following nights meal)

thanks for that Kelpiekaye....The black coat seems to be naturally glossy, the girl you have to work with a bit...I find also the Aloveen conditioner i use when i bath them helps as well

Your girl looks very familar, whats her breeding? My girl Ruby is from Camila Allnuts line, Ballare. The girl I had before Ruby, Bo was from Oatland lines. I lost her to paralysis ticks despite vet treatment. She was chocolate and her coat was always shiny. I am going to get my hands on some Livamol and give that a go. I do think the sun has a fair bit to do with it and also she has recently had her first heat and is having a false pregnancy at the moment.

thanks for that Kelpiekaye....The black coat seems to be naturally glossy, the girl you have to work with a bit...I find also the Aloveen conditioner i use when i bath them helps as well

Your girl looks very familar, whats her breeding? My girl Ruby is from Camila Allnuts line, Ballare. The girl I had before Ruby, Bo was from Oatland lines. I lost her to paralysis ticks despite vet treatment. She was chocolate and her coat was always shiny. I am going to get my hands on some Livamol and give that a go. I do think the sun has a fair bit to do with it and also she has recently had her first heat and is having a false pregnancy at the moment.

Yes Kaye, Megs is fromBallare Katya, she is a callicoma pup and looks just like her mum...and oatland lines on her dads side

Edited by sandra64

Yes Kaye, Megs is fromBallare Katya, she is a callicoma pup and looks just like her mum...and oatland lines on her dads side

Katya is a beautiful dog from what I can tell. I talked to Mandy when I was looking for a pup to replace Bo. Its a small world. :laugh: