Leather Leads

Sue & Waldo

aww you're a sweetheart for giving me a plug Chewy but I dont think the sort I make would be what Sue is after. I work with roo hide only so any leads made by me would be plaited, not the solid cow hide I think she wants. Every now and then I toy with the idea of doing some leather work in cow but I like my roo too much, and I dont need nearly as many tools. :angel:

aww you're a sweetheart for giving me a plug Chewy but I dont think the sort I make would be what Sue is after. I work with roo hide only so any leads made by me would be plaited, not the solid cow hide I think she wants. Every now and then I toy with the idea of doing some leather work in cow but I like my roo too much, and I dont need nearly as many tools. :angel:

well I think you should add some pics of your work anyway, including whippy collars and leads.

well I think you should add some pics of your work anyway, including whippy collars and leads.

We are posting at the same time. I don't mind if it is plaited at all. What I need is a soft lead that is easy to change length and tether.

Sue

Thanks-I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't find it because of the number of posts I have then guessed it was yours. Now you will have room to put some more useful stuff! lol.

I took her shopping today and we saw the Black Dog webbed one and it would work but for a assistance dog I think a leather one looks a bit more professional.

she does get comments like your dog can't come in here etc becasue it does not look like a guide dog etc. She can get a bit upset if it happens. I am following up some other leads (no pun intended).

I have an assistance dog and I've used a few different leashes. My favourite is a thick nylon six way leash. But I use different leashes for different situations. I've never found that the leash contributes to access issues, but the breed of dog certainly does. Can I be of any help?

The absolutely perfect lead we've got is from Underdog (Cosmolo on DOL) I'm sure they can explain what kind of material it is.

They are certainly not leather but some kind of plastic/nylon/rubber? I think they use those for policedog training too? They are very tough. You wont be able to stretch them one bit, our girl used to love eating leads and car seatbelts but couldn't get a dint in those. And they feel great in your hand. Doesn't slip, doesn't cut your hands and you have really good grip

Thanks-I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't find it because of the number of posts I have then guessed it was yours. Now you will have room to put some more useful stuff! lol.

I took her shopping today and we saw the Black Dog webbed one and it would work but for a assistance dog I think a leather one looks a bit more professional.

she does get comments like your dog can't come in here etc becasue it does not look like a guide dog etc. She can get a bit upset if it happens. I am following up some other leads (no pun intended).

I have an assistance dog and I've used a few different leashes. My favourite is a thick nylon six way leash. But I use different leashes for different situations. I've never found that the leash contributes to access issues, but the breed of dog certainly does. Can I be of any help?

Thanks for the offer. The access issue is that there is an issue over public access in Vic. the look of the lead is for her not the access if that makes sense. What is a 6 way lead?

Thanks for the offer. The access issue is that there is an issue over public access in Vic. the look of the lead is for her not the access if that makes sense. What is a 6 way lead?

What kind of public access issues in Vic? I have friends in Vic who have assistance dogs and they might be able to advise her. There are certain requirements that need to be met for the person and dog to be covered under the law. Is she with an assistance dog organisation?

A six way leash has a clip at both ends and several rings going down the leash, it's adjustable into six different lengths. You can have it as a short leash, or unclip it as a long leash, have it around your waist or over your shoulder and there are other options.

Edited by Baby Dragon