Muscle... Diet

Nichole

Hi everyone....

Just wanting some opinions. I have my Amstaff who is 10 months old. He has been in the show ring a few times but the main issue im being told with him is that he is a lot of leg and no a lot of muscle. He is eating Advance Puppy at the moment and I have just started him on Roo meat because beef makes him itchy. :p

Anyone got suggests on a better diet for muscle development? Otherwise we will just wait till he matures more. He's my baby and I think he is gorgeous regardless but the judges dont see it... (guilty of being Bias though) :p

Thanks in Advance :welcome:

Maturity and genetics and exercise (appropriate for his age).

Unless you really want to wander off into the world of steroids there is nothing that can create muscle except for hard work. Good quality protein (IMO this would be a raw diet) certainly helps but it won't make things appear out of no where.

Patience!

Maturity and genetics and exercise (appropriate for his age).

Unless you really want to wander off into the world of steroids there is nothing that can create muscle except for hard work. Good quality protein (IMO this would be a raw diet) certainly helps but it won't make things appear out of no where.

Patience!

Thanks for the reply Sandra... I think we will be just waiting until he matures... I would never ever go down a steroid road, I don't believe in anything like that.

Some supplementary cooked meat, liver and eggs wouldn't be a bad idea, the protein is more readily available when cooked. He's only young though, let him grow as slowly as he needs to. Along with some of the exercises mentioned here, playing tug is also a good option to thicken up the neck and front end.

Don't forget, lots of good quality REST and SLEEP as well. One thing bodybuilders do a lot of is sleep...

My boy is 15 months old now and is only just really starting to muscle up now, where as some of his brothers muscled up early.

Buster looked like a pup until around the 13 month mark but noe that he's looking more mature we are going great guns in the ring.

Some just take longer to mature. Give him some time, 10 months is still very young.