I Need To Have A Rant

Loraine

Indeed SAFE Southwest animals are all sterilised! Vet prices and age restrictions down here dont allow us to do so until usually 6 months of age, usually well after adoption. All our puppies are vet checked, vaccinated, wormed and flea treated before homes are THOROUGHLY screened prior to adoption. Often homes are screened by myself and then again on meeting the foster carer who performs the adoption. We are not incorporated in the SAFE Southwest branch due to lack of time, resources and man power but we are working on it, which will enforce more regulations. Home checks are not always able to be performed so screening of homes is taken VERY seriously. The adoption agreement states that the SAFE animal must be sterilised at 6 months of age and the owner is to make contact with us to do so. We do follow this up when we get a chance. A high percentage of our puppies are adopted to the Perth metro area in which case various vets spread out from Clarkson (Ocean Keys) and south to Mandurah where accounts are held, provide vet work for our puppies adopted outside of Bunbury and the south west. We also have several local vets in Brunswick, Bunbury, Busselton and Margaret River for animals that are rehomed locally. An adoption fee is always taken (which pays for the vet work to be done when possible) and an adoption agreement is ALWAYS signed and the conditions of which are ALWAYS met. With the people, resources and manpower we have here, we do the VERY BEST WE CAN to continue to save animal lives and enforce sterilisation. For any SAFE Southwest enquiries please feel free to contact us on 0434 122 910 or 0400 505 380.

I think maybe your "friend" likes to pull your strings Loraine :laugh: ....... the Karratha branch send their dogs down to Perth for their vet work and the money is paid into our account in advance and work to be done confirmed with the vet by us . Feel free to check with the treasurer on 0407980580 as she has just posted out a cheque for $11,000 for last months account to the Ocean Keys Vet (9408 6999 if you would also like to confirm with them )who does the majority of our pups , kittens and bunnies too .

South West ( based in Bunbury around 3 hours from Perth )branch have their own account with this particular vet as he is the only one who will desex pups and kittens at a rescue rate in Perth . Would be suprised if you had read their manifesto as far as I know .....they don't have one yet . Have left a message for one of the volunteers down there to contact regarding the pup . I'll pass on your number so she can call you direct to discuss shall I ?

I don't think string pulling is going on as the dog came from Karratha by plane and was delivered direct from Perht Airport, and was given at a discount as no work had been done - no ongoing paperwork for any kind of bet treatment has been given.

With regard to the pup from the South West I phoned the number DeeAnn left and confirmed that this dog here is Chevy (now called Jack) as posted on PetRescue. He has had a needle but he was covered in fleas and flea eggs. He was apparently delivered by his breecder who was on her way to meet someone at Perth Airport, and she is the one who commented that he could be bred from. I believe that paperwork is to come for him and his desexing deal.

I had a discussion with someone on this exact topic last week. We both knew of dogs that adopted out by a certain rescuer, neither were temp tested and when the dogs had issues crop up this rescuer gave no back-up and reprimanded the adoptees for not wanting to put up with the issues. Disgraceful. :laugh:

It certainly makes it hard for the rescue people who are doing the right thing. :o

This wouldn't be the same mob who are ringing around to anyone with kennels and asking if they'd take in a DA "Boxer cross", is it?

T.

Oh I wouldnt know about that, T. :laugh: Thats awful!

The gist of the conversation led me to believe these two incidents were not isolated cases and that other organisations are aware (and disapproving of) this is going on.

Im not naming names because its just my opinion that this organisation seems to be more intent on saving all dogs than ensuring both dogs and adoptees are suited and/or safe. From personal experience I think its a very bad way to go. :eek:

If it's a Sydney based rescue you were discussing Deelee, it could well be the one I'm referring to with the DA "Boxer cross" they want someone else to look after while they find it an unsuspecting and naive person to adopt it...

T.