Catalogues

darwinroyal

Another that always buys a catalogue.

Not sure I agree with the youngest to oldest order, as I agree with Yarrowfell that it could hamper some of the older dogs moving behind a silly youngster.

We usually always have alphabetical by surname here in NSW, I'm usually always in the middle (L surname) so it doesnt bother me.

I like youngest to oldest,

In my breeds the older the faster (especially dallies) so the older dogs behind would have trouble moving if they were following the younger (slower) dogs.

OK, oldest to youngest then :). Anything but alphabetical :)

OR order received.

No!!!! I always get my entries there just before closing. :)

Very Good Point. I now vote for reverse order of receiving entries. Hey, at least you are important enough to have yours accepted after the closing data :)

Heaps of our shows are alphabetical by surname, so the same people are always last (or first) in the lineup.

If I ever get married his surname will have to start with "A". There are plenty of people that have changed their surname so they are at the front of the line at shows.

:) Sadly, I know you are probably serious. I am going to change my surname to Aaaaaaaa. Beat that! Actually, just plain "A" would probably be first in the lineup.

I like youngest to oldest,

In my breeds the older the faster (especially dallies) so the older dogs behind would have trouble moving if they were following the younger (slower) dogs.

OK, oldest to youngest then :). Anything but alphabetical :)

OR order received.

No!!!! I always get my entries there just before closing. :thumbsup:

Very Good Point. I now vote for reverse order of receiving entries. Hey, at least you are important enough to have yours accepted after the closing data :laugh:

Heaps of our shows are alphabetical by surname, so the same people are always last (or first) in the lineup.

If I ever get married his surname will have to start with "A". There are plenty of people that have changed their surname so they are at the front of the line at shows.

:D Sadly, I know you are probably serious. I am going to change my surname to Aaaaaaaa. Beat that! Actually, just plain "A" would probably be first in the lineup.

Then they'll do them in reverse order and you'll be at the back

Thank you for your responses. It's nice to confirm there are still no rules regarding this that may have been missed. It's also nice to know there are other catalogue tragics :)

Yes, I was taught to catalogue a class: from oldest to youngest; and same sex littermates in ascending registration number order. This would be similar to some that talked about their specialty catalogues. The example used in an explanation was the German Shepherd Dog. The difference between a Baby Puppy 2 days into the age group and 2 days before moving up to Minor Puppy class are phenomenal. It would *probably* be advantageous to have the older dog in front. This is similar to the way the classes return to the Ring for Challenge judging, given also that some exhibitors could put a younger dog in Open.

I would like to emphasise I was taught there is no right or wrong way to catalogue a class, and I have taken on board some of the comments, particularly the ones about "in received order". There are still a few months hopefully before I produce my next catalogue, however always looking at exploring ideas.

OK, there are some rules relating to the production of a catalogue. So, I would like to ask another question. Do your catalogues list the Breeder's name? Once again I have seen some that do, and others that don't. Do you think it is important, or the prefix would let the "educated" person know? or at least make it "google-able"?

I do NSW and Vic catalogues. In NSW you must have: Exh; dogs name; rego no; dob; sire; dam. In Vic you must have: exh; dogs name; dob; breeder; sire; dam.

I find it interesting that Vic must have breeder but no dogs rego no.?