Random Encounters

Serket

Just got doorknocked by a guy from AGL asking us to switch from Energy Australia to them for electricity, I didn't let the guy in, because Gypsy still has a bad habit of jumping (and I wasn't interested in switching anyway). But then he starts asking what kind of dog she is, and what the difference between a Lab and a Golden Retriever is, and tries to pat her through the screen door

Fast forward 10 minutes (because yes, I'm still talking to him :laugh: damn people using the dog as a conversation starter) but then he asks what her name is, how old she is, how much we paid for her, where is a good place to get a puppy from and whether pet shops are ok or not, and so I explained about registered breeders and health testing, etc, and he said he's interested in a golden retriever or a cavalier king charles spaniel and we talked about breeders and how to find them, I pointed him in the direction of DogsNSW and DogzOnline

So we ended up talking more about dogs than electricity, but I did switch over :o (conditionally anyway - discounts are always good), but at least he might be one more person to get a dog from a registered breeder rather than a pet shop now :angel: He seemed very taken by Gypsy, even though she had a good bark at him at first

:thumbsup: Reminds me of the visit we had from the God Squad who came to convert us, but left with details of Jonty's breeder. Turned out he'd owned Rhodesian Ridgebacks before he came on his mission to WA and was having trouble finding a good registered RR breeder (only BYBers).

We were more than happy to point him in the right direction :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Reminds me of the visit we had from the God Squad who came to convert us, but left with details of Jonty's breeder. Turned out he'd owned Rhodesian Ridgebacks before he came on his mission to WA and was having trouble finding a good registered RR breeder (only BYBers).

We were more than happy to point him in the right direction :laugh:

:thumbsup: That's even better. I have to say I politely but quickly say no and close the door if it's obviously religious people, actually, door knockers and telemarketers just get a blanket "not interested thanks" close door/hang up, but today must have been the day for it, as Telstra got me on the phone about the internet, and the girl wouldn't take no for an answer :confused: - wanted me to sign up and then think about it/talk to OH about it and cancel in 10 days if we didn't want it, and then that guy showed up

EFS

Edited by Serket