Dutch Shepherd

Red Fox

I don't think that Dutchies are an eligible breed for Schutzhund competition are they???.

Great looking dogs :eek:

Dutchies have now been recognised by the ANKC :eek: and so dogs with FCI papers can get them registered with the ANKC. I assume this means that they are eligible for SchH now in this country as they would fall under FCI eligible breeds?

Dutchies are not listed on the FCI eligible Schutzhund breeds overseas either to my knowledge???. Obviously they would have great sporting potential but I couldn't find any entered in the results of any overseas Schutzhund tournaments???.

BREEDS ELIGIBLE FOR SCHUTZHUND TRAINING

German Shepherd Dog, Boxer, Dobermann, Rottweiler, Giant Schnauzer, Airedale Terrier, Bouvier Des Flandres, Hovawart, Belgian Shepherd (Groendael, Malinois, Tervueren, Laekenois), Berger de Beauce, Berger de Brie, Berger Des Pyrenees A Face Rase, Berger Des Pyrenees A Museau Normal, Berger Picard, Lapinkoira, Suomenpystykorva

The breeds above are the current FCI listing???

So you can do Schutzhund with a Finnish Spitz and a Finnish Lapphund (which I have never heard of doing any sort of manwork) but not a Dutch Shepherd (which are famous for KNVP)?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think that Dutchies are an eligible breed for Schutzhund competition are they???.

Great looking dogs :bolt:

Dutchies have now been recognised by the ANKC :eek: and so dogs with FCI papers can get them registered with the ANKC. I assume this means that they are eligible for SchH now in this country as they would fall under FCI eligible breeds?

Dutchies are not listed on the FCI eligible Schutzhund breeds overseas either to my knowledge???. Obviously they would have great sporting potential but I couldn't find any entered in the results of any overseas Schutzhund tournaments???.

German Shepherd Dog, Boxer, Dobermann, Rottweiler, Giant Schnauzer, Airedale Terrier, Bouvier Des Flandres, Hovawart, Belgian Shepherd (Groendael, Malinois, Tervueren, Laekenois), Berger de Beauce, Berger de Brie, Berger Des Pyrenees A Face Rase, Berger Des Pyrenees A Museau Normal, Berger Picard, Lapinkoira, Suomenpystykorva

So you can do Schutzhund with a Finnish Spitz and a Finnish Lapphund (which I have never heard of doing any sort of manwork) but not a Dutch Shepherd (which are famous for KNVP)?

It appears so???. Some KNPV Malinois are not eligible either I was told once, something to do with their pedigree???.

Great looking dogs :(

Dutchies have now been recognised by the ANKC :) and so dogs with FCI papers can get them registered with the ANKC. I assume this means that they are eligible for SchH now in this country as they would fall under FCI eligible breeds?

It appears so???. Some KNPV Malinois are not eligible either I was told once, something to do with their pedigree???.

You can not title a KNPV line Malinois / Dutch Shepherd because they will not have FCI pedigree papers. KNPV line dogs are normally Mechelse Herder X Hollandse Herder (Belgian X Dutch Shepherds). It is rather funny though as having a Belgian / Dutch Shepherd with FCI papers is no guarantee it is purebred.

The RAAF at Amberley is tendering out some of their dogs (they do this with the ones that are surplus to requirements) and I went there this morning for the viewing (a mate of mine is looking to get a German Shepherd), and what do you think I saw there? A Dutch Shepherd! Apparently they had some there they were trialling as a potential breed to work with (currently they have GSDs and Belgian Malinois). I had never seen one in the flesh before...he was a beautiful looking dog!!! :(

The RAAF at Amberley is tendering out some of their dogs (they do this with the ones that are surplus to requirements) and I went there this morning for the viewing (a mate of mine is looking to get a German Shepherd), and what do you think I saw there? A Dutch Shepherd! Apparently they had some there they were trialling as a potential breed to work with (currently they have GSDs and Belgian Malinois). I had never seen one in the flesh before...he was a beautiful looking dog!!! :)

they have the brother and sister to my dog. My friend bred the litter, the mother is just gorgeous as well. I have 3 of them here at he moment from the litter, one of which is a blue she is so pretty

As a Finnish Lapphund owner I seriously could not imagine them doing any manwork ;) At most they would stand at a distance and bark :laugh: But then a Finnish Lapphund is acually Suomenlapinkoira not Lapinkoira :)

ETA: Maybe they just used Lapinkoira to specify either Finnish (Suomenlapinkoira) or Swedish (Ruotsinlapinkoira) Lapphunds? But since they are different breeds you would think they would be listed seperately - not that I think either could do Schutzhund :D

Edited by mirawee

Wow, she's beautiful Minchie!

Keep us updated on Ice as she grows, I'm sure you have big plans for her! :thumbsup:

Thanks SecretKei she is a great little pup, I will definately keep you updated on her

Thanks Laeral, she would only be about 8 weeks old

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in learning more about the Dutch Shepherd but having trouble finding much info on them (well in English anyway lol).

They dont seem to be very common here in Australia at all!

Does anyone know much about them or where to find some reliable information?

our pup at 8 months

Edited by artur