Dutch Shepherd

Red Fox

Thanks for that info Jeff :eek:

So would an FCI line dog be softer than a KNPV line then? Is there a noticable difference between the two?

I dont suppose that having an FCI "pedigree" would make much difference here in Australia being that they're not a recognised breed here anyway?

Yes, The FCI line Dutch Shepherds are generally softer in temperament and smaller in size than KNPV line dogs.

I believe the ANKC will issue papers for the FCI pedigree Dutch Shepherds, the guys from CK9SAS would be the best to ask though.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, The FCI line Dutch Shepherds are generally softer in temperament and smaller in size than KNPV line dogs.

I believe the ANKC will issue papers for the FCI pedigree Dutch Shepherds, the guys from CK9SAS would be the best to ask though.

Thanks again, I may have a chat to them at some point.

No hurry here though. My whole life would need an overhaul first before I could even consider owning one of these breeds! Will see how the next few years pan out and go from there... Lots of learning to do in the meantime anyhow :eek:

Kavik - at a secret location :D by invite only, I begged to be allowed to attend and I got to go, it was a blast :D One of the best dog weekends ever :laugh:

And two dogs that I had seen were definitely bigger then Malinois, well maybe not bigger then Harley, but he is a horse not a dog :D

Here is a pic for you.post-3337-1265027683_thumb.jpg

Let me know if they are on again sometime :laugh:

Sound like perhaps too much dog for me but I would love to see them in action.

Let me know if they are on again sometime :laugh:

It was far away and I dont think it will be on again for several months, we went for 3 days there.

Those that I have seen were serious dogs, I dont think I would want one, plus for you with the size - well they are a lot bigger then Kaos :D . Mind you when I came home - after seeing them, malis, and some x breeds I walked into my house looked at my dogs and thought - OMG my dogs are HUGE :D and FAT :D and dissobedient :laugh:

Kavik - at a secret location :) by invite only, I begged to be allowed to attend and I got to go, it was a blast :cry: One of the best dog weekends ever :D

And two dogs that I had seen were definitely bigger then Malinois, well maybe not bigger then Harley, but he is a horse not a dog :D

Here is a pic for you.post-3337-1265027683_thumb.jpg

Let me know if they are on again sometime :)

Thats MEEE!!!!!!

Ill put some more pics on tonight of Zeping doing some decoy work (and some more duchie pics). It was purly fantastic :thumbsup: He made that suit look as if it was made of rubber and was easy to move around in. I had it on too, and it was not easy at all, not to mention way to big for me :rofl:

But I asked for a Mali to be send onto me, and a Mali I know. Mind you now I wish they had send two duchies onto me, that would have been fun ;)

Well your dogs are HUGE :D not sure about the rest :D

Ill get used to their size in no time and I guess I can read the rest of your post as a complement ;) They are not bad, took both girls to training last night and I was very happy with their obedience work, even Divani that I brought out back from retirement just so I can occupy myself with something.

Edited by MonElite

Couple more pics for you guys

post-3337-1265112127_thumb.jpg post-3337-1265112775_thumb.jpg post-3337-1265112335_thumb.jpg

Last pic - Two decoys, in this pic the handler is calling the dog off first decoy onto the second one

And just because I can :laugh: - this is me with a mali attached to my back post-3337-1265112143_thumb.jpg

Edited by MonElite

Yes its heavy from what I understand about 20-25kg, it was waaaaay to big for me. At some stage I tipped over and landed face to the ground, laughing my head off, I had one arm underneath me and couldnt even roll over to the back :laugh: I did eventually, but had to be lifted up to stand up again. Other then that it was AWESOME, I always wanted to do it. And in the pic both of my feet are off the ground so that means I managed to "run"

Ahhh good work Zeping :laugh:

yes I have a dutchie on the wish list. I think when people say the FCI are a little softer we're still not talking about marshmallows here :laugh: I am still to invest in a bitesuit, problem is I have two volunteers crazy enough to do it who are two completely different sizes! :mad

Hey Mon who was that Malinois on your back? Do you know the breeding?

Ahhh good work Zeping :D

yes I have a dutchie on the wish list. I think when people say the FCI are a little softer we're still not talking about marshmallows here :laugh: I am still to invest in a bitesuit, problem is I have two volunteers crazy enough to do it who are two completely different sizes! :D

Thanks

Yeaha so do i i wouldnt go the KNVP because i guess there a bit more varied in breeding and you cant trial them in anythink that requires papers

the dogs that were there were from ck9sas which are FCI dog and one of the dogs actually got certified by australia pro dog sports i can tell you these dog are some thing else i decoyed for 8 dog under 3 sernarios and these dogs have something about them

the malinois is called PRIX owned and training by premiar dog training in sydney (he is an awesome trainer)

Yes thats Nordenstamm Grand Prix he is only 7-8 months old. I love him :laugh: He should really be my dog :D and if I asked long enough and came up with enough money I dare say he could be mine, but I have no room, taken by my pathetic show dobes!

I can put up some more pics of him to if you want.

I saw some dutchie pups for sale and had to sit on my hands :thumbsup:

I'd pay the price for them for sure ... ahh one day. Yes I know of Nordenstamm, they have a dog called Zico.

ooooh I think we need to work on a fuller bite with that dutchie in #37 :thumbsup: