Breeder Recommendations

*Gryff*

Hi,

I'm looking to get a GSD puppy in the near future (still in the research stage)

I've been looking into breeders and I've found one whose dogs I really like, but I thought I would ask all the wise DOLers if they have had any experience with this breeder.

So has any one got a dog from Macklin Shepherds?

Feel free to recommend any other breeders.

Thanks in advance for any help :grouphug:

A friend of mine has had two dogs from Macklin. Their conformation is not great (although they lean towards my preferences), but their temperaments are fantastic. Confident, even-tempered, easily trained dogs. One of them had more drive than the other, but she was not what I would call high drive.

Welcome to DOL,

Don't know this breeder but what I did was ring the GSDL here in NSW and go to shows and speak to breeders and see their dogs also ask many questions. You may like certain colours eg black and gold but when you see a sable as I did I changed my mind. :love:

The most important thing with GSD's is health and temperament, so please buy from breed surveyed parents. :laugh:

As breeders are different so are GSD's, do you want a calm or hyper GSD. I have one of each and believe me calm is better. :) Anyway hope this is of help, good luck. :(

Edited by tarope

Why not stick to WA breeders you have some of the best over there. That way you can meet the breeders view their dogs etc. That is what I would prefer to do. Also check the Dogzonline breeders under the german shepherd page.

http://www.gsdawa.org/ GSDAWA

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/commun...hepherd-dog.asp German Shepherd Page

Edited by PRADA68

Macklin had a registered male dog and an unregistered female for sale on the DOL listings recently - as suitable for breeding :thumbsup:

As Prada68 said, you have some fantastic breeders in WA such as Iccara, Lashadas, Bruvic, Siegen, Hausosin