What Breeds Actually Fall Under Bsl?

PrincessCharming

Atleast you're trying to make a stand on your argument. Not like others on the forum who are constantly contradicting themselves.

You ought to talk. You are the one who had an AmStaff that became a SBT.

Im talking about a stand on fighting BSL. Having an actual STAND is a topic people like you always avoid.

You're passing an AmStaff aka Pit Bull off as a Staffy. Is this your idea of a stand??? :thumbsup:

I can call my dog whatever I want. Are you gonna correct all those people who say staffy instead of staffordshire bull terrier. Awww have a cry now :thumbsup:

And what i call my dog has sooOoo much to do with having a stand on BSL. What else do you want to talk about??? what I had for breakfast?

As a matter of fact it does.

You and those like you calling your Pit Bull (an AmStaff unreg with the ANKC) a SBT is a sure fire way toward BSL for them too.

First of all you dont know what breed of dog i own. Secondly i never called my dog a SBT. I said staffy, short for Staffordshire. I can call my Amstaff a staffy if I want. Staffordshire was also what the Apbt/amstaff used to be called. Look at your own dogs, I never heard of a Rotti before. What is a Rotti??? a dog that is rotting???

And everything in life is not a slippery slope. one thing does not always lead to another.

Edited by doit4thedogz

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Atleast you're trying to make a stand on your argument. Not like others on the forum who are constantly contradicting themselves.

Im talking about a stand on fighting BSL. Having an actual STAND is a topic people like you always avoid.

You're passing an AmStaff aka Pit Bull off as a Staffy. Is this your idea of a stand??? :thumbsup:

I can call my dog whatever I want. Are you gonna correct all those people who say staffy instead of staffordshire bull terrier. Awww have a cry now :thumbsup:

And what i call my dog has sooOoo much to do with having a stand on BSL. What else do you want to talk about??? what I had for breakfast?

You and those like you calling your Pit Bull (an AmStaff unreg with the ANKC) a SBT is a sure fire way toward BSL for them too.

First of all you dont know what breed of dog i own. Secondly i never called my dog a SBT. I said staffy, short for Staffordshire.

Actually you said both.

You said you owned an AmStaff in one of your early posts, then almost 2 years later you edited your post to Staffy.

Why was that??

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...c=69193&hl=

You got caught out. Someone quoted you.

'doit4thedogz' Original version 19th Jul 2006

Hi everyone.

I bought a 12 week old male Amerian Staffy puppy 5 days ago. The problem is, he is a dominant little boy and my older female is also a dominant dog. I've tried to let them play around, sniff each other and work each other out. But it has now been 5 days and they still can't play and stay together withou problems. My female plays too rough with him, knocking him over, holding him down and now they have started mouthing each other.

'doit4thedogz' Edited version 9th jul 2008

Hi everyone.

I bought a 12 week old male Staffy puppy 5 days ago. The problem is, he is a dominant little boy and my older female is also a dominant dog. I've tried to let them play around, sniff each other and work each other out. But it has now been 5 days and they still can't play and stay together withou problems. My female plays too rough with him, knocking him over, holding him down and now they have started mouthing each other.

Edited by rottiadora

You're passing an AmStaff aka Pit Bull off as a Staffy. Is this your idea of a stand??? :(

I can call my dog whatever I want. Are you gonna correct all those people who say staffy instead of staffordshire bull terrier. Awww have a cry now :laugh:

First of all you dont know what breed of dog i own. Secondly i never called my dog a SBT. I said staffy, short for Staffordshire.

Actually you said both.

You said you owned an AmStaff in one of your early posts, then almost 2 years later you edited your post to Staffy.

Why was that??

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?show...c=69193&hl=

You got caught out. Someone quoted you.

'doit4thedogz' Original version 19th Jul 2006

Hi everyone.

I bought a 12 week old male Amerian Staffy puppy 5 days ago. The problem is, he is a dominant little boy and my older female is also a dominant dog. I've tried to let them play around, sniff each other and work each other out. But it has now been 5 days and they still can't play and stay together withou problems. My female plays too rough with him, knocking him over, holding him down and now they have started mouthing each other.

'doit4thedogz' Edited version 9th jul 2008

Hi everyone.

I bought a 12 week old male Staffy puppy 5 days ago. The problem is, he is a dominant little boy and my older female is also a dominant dog. I've tried to let them play around, sniff each other and work each other out. But it has now been 5 days and they still can't play and stay together withou problems. My female plays too rough with him, knocking him over, holding him down and now they have started mouthing each other.

You just confirmed it. I never called my dog a SBT like you said I did. So you realised this and agree with me. Thats great. Atleast you admit it.

I can call my dog whatever I want. Why is it that you own rottweilers but keep posting as rottidora, and not rottweilerdora?

Why is that?

• 2 weeks later...
I dont understand your point?

So do you support game-bred Apbts or not?

Apologies for the delayed reply.

My point was that an APBT is a dog suited to dog fights by way of its genetic makeup. It's not easy to wipe out generations of being bred for a purpose.

I don't understand your point though.

Do I support game-bred dogs?

Depending on the individual's definition of "game-bred" which can vary.

Do I support the breeding of dogs who have old fighting lines and/or deeply game dogs featuring heavily in their pedigrees? Sure. I'm not about to have a hissy fit because some dog somewhere has Chinaman or Jeep or Barney in their pedigree and I'm not going to lose sleep if someone breeds that dog.

Do I support testing a dogs gameness and then breeding them, in this day and age? Nope.

Hope that cleared up the confusion in your brain.

My point was that an APBT is a dog suited to dog fights by way of its genetic makeup. It's not easy to wipe out generations of being bred for a purpose.

Do I support the breeding of dogs who have old fighting lines and/or deeply game dogs featuring heavily in their pedigrees? Sure. I'm not about to have a hissy fit because some dog somewhere has Chinaman or Jeep or Barney in their pedigree and I'm not going to lose sleep if someone breeds that dog.

Do I support testing a dogs gameness and then breeding them, in this day and age? Nope.

I get it, So you believe in breeding game dogs and but not testing them (i.e. finding game dogs) . How can you continue breeding game dogs without testing the breeding stock? Just because a dog has a mad pedigree doesnt mean it will be a game dog. So I cant see how you plan to continue breeding game dogs without game testing.

I get it, So you believe in breeding game dogs and but not testing them (i.e. finding game dogs) . How can you continue breeding game dogs without testing the breeding stock? Just because a dog has a mad pedigree doesnt mean it will be a game dog. So I cant see how you plan to continue breeding game dogs without game testing.

I can't see how I "plan to continue breeding game dogs" either - considering I DON'T breed dogs, never HAVE bred dogs and most likely never WILL breed dogs, regardless of breed or gameness.

I also can't see what your point is, or more importantly, what your problem is. Is it hot where you are, and that's why you're being so petulant? Or is it just your natural state of existence?

You asked if I support the breeding of game-bred dogs and I explicitly stated

"Depending on the individual's definition of "game-bred" which can vary."

Perhaps if you took five minutes to take a breath and remove the crimson red glaze of mis-directed fury from your eyes, you would have seen that.

The terms "game" and "game bred" vary. To some people, a "game" dog is one that has been tested for gameness against another dog. Other people may test their dog's gameness by way of pig- or other game-hunting. It depends on your definition of the terms we're using.

And I'll give you a hint here. Feel free to store it in your memory bank for future reference:

If you want to debate a point with someone, it generally helps if you actually HAVE a point to begin with.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, so long as the breed standard . . . or the bloodline standard . . . considers HA or DA to be a good thing . . . even if DA is called 'gameness' . . . I think there's a social justificaiton for BSL. I could see BSL directed toward breeds honed for aggression to other animals as well . . . that is, if greys tend to be bred to bring down cats and SWF's, I think there's reason to require that they are muzzled. But, in the case of the grey, there needs to be a way to take the muzzle off for the individual dog who has low prey drive and who curls up with the puss, rather than disemboweling it.o

Do I support testing a dogs gameness and then breeding them, in this day and age? Nope

If it isn't easy to wipe out generations of breeding for dog fighting, how is it that canine registries the world over have breeds where they state exactly that has been done since the origin was the same as the APBT ancestry or similar?

Methinks it is because you are wrong--it takes fewer generations than most would believe to subjugate a trait-- but people with a set agenda like Dr Wirth, keep saying the APBT is a one off dog and it isn't safe no matter any investigation of its ancestors and the breeding strategy behind it or present day APBT's

BTW isn't the Customs Act in terms of "American Pit Bull Terrier" or "Pit bull terrier" is banned from import?

The OR is the telling word, there is no such breed it is the common term applied randomly by the ignorant as well as the wise to the purebred APBT breed.

(Pet hate of mine)

Nanny dog anyone

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jackij

i]Sorry to butt in but I just want you to see why these dogs must be restricted, banned and classed as dangerous dogs.

This is what a APBT did to my stallion.

post-34320-1271601536_thumb.jpg

post-34320-1271601583_thumb.jpg

post-34320-1271601726_thumb.jpg

post-34320-1271601800_thumb.jpg

Very sad to hear about your horses, would hate that to happen to my families horses.

But saying a whole breed should be banned shows how little you may know about dogs as a whole, (ie saying that staffies came from pitbulls etc.. i read on another thread post of yours)

many dogs were bred to bring down prey, it just so happened that you say it was an APBT done this to your horse, so of course they must all be dangerous blah blah blah. many breeds could of done this also, so should we ban them all?!

Still very sad and i'd want the owners of the dog made responsible and to pay all costs involved, poor horse. I hope he made a speedy recovery.

I understood the American standard for the APBT was the one in use here, and there was no need for a specific Australian standard?

As the standard for other breeds is developed in the country of origin, and used is Aust, it is, to my understanding, the same in Aus.

PRIME MISSION AND MESSAGE: Judges must begin to look at temperament, structure, and health in that order to make a placement in the breed ring.

The Temperament of the APBT is THE MOST important aspect of the breed.

American Pit Bull Terrier moves with a jaunty, confident attitude, conveying the impression that he/she expects any minute to see something new and exciting.

THE STANDARD SAYS: The essential characteristics of the American Pit Bull Terrier are strength, confidence, and zest for life.

Judges: Temperament is fundamental and the most important aspect of the breed. The above line from the standard uses the word ESSENTIAL. This means the essence of the breed is its temperament and outgoing enjoyment of every moment not its substance, head size or movement.

Confidence is a must! Puppies may be nervous and wide eyed but should never avoid the judge. Adults that show any type of fear or HUMAN aggression should be disqualified and judges should follow through on signing the book on it.

Judges for the sake of our breed do not hesitate to dismiss a dog and certainly never pick a dog (even a 6-12 month puppy) that is fearful or aggressive toward humans. Our breed is in mortal danger because too many dogs with fear and human aggression are being bred. People do not realize that temperament is 80% (some say more) genetic in dogs.

Regarding aggression in the breed:

DOG toward DOG aggression IS a characteristic of most terriers, including the APBT.

DOG toward HUMAN aggression IS NOT a characteristic of the APBT at all in any form.

Any APBT that displays dog toward human aggression in any form, unless saving the life of their owners, should be euthanized. The APBT is not a guardian breed and should never act like one.

While various degrees of dog to dog aggression are to be expected. Handlers at all times MUST and are expected to maintain control of their dogs at all times and dogs must be trained and socialized around other dogs enough that they can be moved through crowded show venues without danger to other dogs. If a dog is out of control excuse the competitor.

Any dog showing aggression toward a human I don't care what the breed or reason the dog should be euthanized. (working sports such as Schutzhund exhibit controlled aggression toward a padded suit not toward a human)

This breed is eager to please and brimming over with enthusiasm.

Judges a dog brimming over with enthusiasm should bean automatic PLUS!!!! A dog with this type of joy that has a fault in conformation should win over a dog with no personality that does not have a fault. That is how vital the temperament is to the future of this breed!

Do not put up dead head, no personality dogs. These are terriers and should act like terriers.

Bottom line: The Standard notes that the essential characteristic of the breed are courage and a zest for life. The APBT should be ALIVE and NEVER NEVER NEVER FEARFUL!!!!

An APBT should always have a happy smile when meeting new people and should wag their tails enthusiastically especially as puppies.

Older more experienced dogs are less outwardly bubbling over with enthusiasm they will typically be calm but alert and will respond to the judge or other interesting distraction.

APBTs make excellent family companions and have always been noted for their love of children [/b]

From APBT club website.

Full standard here

http://www.apbtconformation.com/centralbody.htm

A good one is a truly beautiful dog.

post-438-1271674303_thumb.jpg

post-438-1271676228_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jed

That's so sad about your stallion, Jackiej. Did he survive? Was the dog put down(or shot)? Poor, poor horse.

My pet sheep was killed by a Border collie, in a very nasty attack causing great suffering. She lay on the ground, unable to rise, bleating her pain until her life was humanely ended.

She loved going for rides in the car, she ran up the driveway to meet me when I came home. she always greeted me when I went outside, she walked around the property with the dogs, who were her friends, she had no fear of dogs,, she loved lieing beside us when we were outside, she loved biscuits, and sweet milky tea, she always came when called.

My studbook suffolk ram was chased for hours and mutilated beyond saving, with his back legs hanging by tendons only and his face eaten off, by a GSD and a Great Dane.

A "feral" merino on my property had his back and neck torn away by a cattle dog with ribs, skull and spine exposed.

My beautiful Himalyan cat was killed in his own driveway by an unknown dog,despite fighting back for all he was worth.

I am not happy about these attacks. The GSD and Weim will attack no more sheep, nor will the Border Collie.

Should the entire breeds of German Shepherds, Border Collies, Weimaranas, Great Danes and Cattle Dogs be banned, restricted and classed as dangerous dogs?

A cocker spaniel and a labrador (registered, purebred) pulled down and killed, over a period of hours, my friends purebred and valuable, in foal arabian mare.

Should they too be banned, restricted, and classed as dangerous dogs?

My own cocker spaniels have run around with horses for 40 odd years, without any problems. Is it fair to ban them, or restrict them, or class them as dangerous dogs. Or fair to shoot them for worrying stock, when they never have?

Would it not be better to ban, restrict, or class these individual dogs as dangerous, rather than the entire breed?

Would it not be better to destroy those individual dogs, rather than tar the entire breed with the same brush as the killing dogs?

Edited by Jed