Schutzhund In Victoria

ANKC regulation that it is not to be done and that any club or person found to be doing it is in breach of the regulations and can be kicked out.

Sorry Dracdog, but that's an "urban myth" that has been going around for years and is simply not true. If it were true then there would have been dozens and dozens of WL breeders (GSD) and Dogsport enthusiasts of all Schutzhund breeds who are also VCA/ANKC members thrown out years ago.

NEVER HAPPENED and never will.

ANKC regulation that it is not to be done and that any club or person found to be doing it is in breach of the regulations and can be kicked out.

Sorry Dracdog, but that's an "urban myth" that has been going around for years and is simply not true. If it were true then there would have been dozens and dozens of WL breeders (GSD) and Dogsport enthusiasts of all Schutzhund breeds who are also VCA/ANKC members thrown out years ago.

NEVER HAPPENED and never will.

I agree, if they were that opposed to it they would of banned current members of IPO/Schutzhund clubs from registering with the ANKC. It is not hard to find out who is competing.

Breed clubs are the ones who will chuck you for being involved in Schutzhund. Not the ANKC, considering all German imports that conform to SV requirements will have a schutzhund title.

Mon the question is where to live ... Hmmm I still have some rellies in Srbia ... that darn polish language is too hard for me :)

Edited by Nekhbet

Mon the question is where to live ... Hmmm I still have some rellies in Srbia ... that darn polish language is too hard for me :laugh:

If you can speak Serbian then its easy enough to communicate in Polish. :(

But if I had a choice Id go to North Italy :)

Cold enough to go skiing, warm enough to to the sea, close enough to all countries, great food, nice people, just need to watch the handbag all the time...

My brother in NSW rang Dogs NSW before Christmas to find out if there was any clubs near him that ran it and if there was any comps. He was told what I stated in my earlier post. I rang him last night to find out more he said that it was under the ANKC policy on attack training. Tried to look it up but for some reason I can't get onto their site

Who ever told you that were doing nothing more than opening up their mouth to let the wind blow their tongue around... It's a load of codswallop.

SO the german shepherd dog club allows members to do bitework with no problem then. Awesome.