Dog Next Door

TrinaJ

OH was talking to the neighbour the other day. THey got a cross bred dog from the pound about 6 months ago. Found out he's not been desexed :thumbsup: Is this not a compulsory thing now that all dogs and cats sold via the pound/animal shelter are desexed??? I am wondering why the dog is still entire as they have no plans on breeding with it (thank God).

OH was talking to the neighbour the other day. THey got a cross bred dog from the pound about 6 months ago. Found out he's not been desexed :thumbsup: Is this not a compulsory thing now that all dogs and cats sold via the pound/animal shelter are desexed??? I am wondering why the dog is still entire as they have no plans on breeding with it (thank God).

When I got my dog, a rescue, it was a council pound, they gave you some sort of voucher to get it desexed from a particular vet.

But really, there was no follow up to see if you had it done, so seemed silly to me.

But anyhow, I did get mine done :thanks:

I think pounds can release entire dogs, shelters don't (down here at least - well apart from some independant small ones), actually none of them should. How did it take 6 months for them to notice he had balls :thumbsup: Obviously he doesn't get many belly rubs :thanks:

In Victoria the dogs have to be desexed.

That's what I thought too Cosmo.

Apparently they (the neighbours) knew he wasn't desexed (we did not as we dont see him - he's smallish x). I am baffled as to why they havne't had him done yet also why he wasn't done prior to them taking him. THe only reason we found out is because our bitch is in season (she was in the dog run where she is safe) and neighbour asked why she was in the run, hubby told him and he said that's good, our dog hasn't been desexed :laugh: