Puppy's Nose Colour

justlovedogz

I hope someone can give me some information. I'm waiting for a Cavalier King Charles tri male pup and have a question about the nose colour. I'm waiting on one and have just seen photos, but he and his sisters have very pales noses ( no black at all). I hope this isn't a silly question but does the colour develop as they get older? He is only just 2 weeks old. I hope someone can help.

I hope someone can give me some information. I'm waiting for a Cavalier King Charles tri male pup and have a question about the nose colour. I'm waiting on one and have just seen photos, but he and his sisters have very pales noses ( no black at all). I hope this isn't a silly question but does the colour develop as they get older? He is only just 2 weeks old. I hope someone can help.

I know nothing about CKCS but if he has a lot of white around his nose it'd wouldn't surprise me at all if he was born with a pink nose and it pigments up as he gets older ("older" in this instance depends on breed, could be 2 weeks could be 6 months). Certainly happens that way in the breeds I do know :o

Ask the breeder.

My 9 week old CKCS has a pink and black spotty nose. It has definately gotten blacker since we have had her though. Someone reccomended adding kelp to their food to help the nose black up but I was told it will be black by 12 weeks and a breeder I spoke to said they didnt know if kelp actually worked. :o

Most CKCS puppies noses will turn black by the time they are around 4 to 6 weeks, some can take a little longer.. I should say in some cases the nose doesn't completly fill in, chances are if mum and dad have complete black noses then your pup should also.. It is too early to tell at 2 weeks of age..

How exciting a new cavalier puppy be prepared to have your heart will and truly stolen..

Edited by MissMolly

I know nothing about CKCS but if he has a lot of white around his nose it'd wouldn't surprise me at all if he was born with a pink nose and it pigments up as he gets older ("older" in this instance depends on breed, could be 2 weeks could be 6 months). Certainly happens that way in the breeds I do know :eek:

Ask the breeder.

Thanks for your help, that's great news! :vomit: Although I still can't get my hopes up too much as the breeder is waiting until the pups are a little older to make a decision about which one she will keep. I'm hoping it's not my little boy, he's the only boy. You've put my mind to rest. Thanks, and I will ask the breeder. :eek:

My 9 week old CKCS has a pink and black spotty nose. It has definately gotten blacker since we have had her though. Someone reccomended adding kelp to their food to help the nose black up but I was told it will be black by 12 weeks and a breeder I spoke to said they didnt know if kelp actually worked. :vomit:

Thanks, I'm not sure about the kelp either. Did you have much difficulty getting a cav. I've been trying for a tri male for ages?

Most CKCS puppies noses will turn black by the time they are around 4 to 6 weeks, some can take a little longer.. I should say in some cases the nose doesn't completly fill in, chances are if mum and dad have complete black noses then your pup should also.. It is too early to tell at 2 weeks of age..

How exciting a new cavalier puppy be prepared to have your heart will and truly stolen..

Thanks, I'm not sure about the dad but mum is a beautiful Blenheim with a lovely black nose. This little boy doesn't have any colour at the moment, I'll keep an eye on it.

Your puppies are just beautiful. I'd love to have a tri and a blenheim, eventually.

My 9 week old CKCS has a pink and black spotty nose. It has definately gotten blacker since we have had her though. Someone reccomended adding kelp to their food to help the nose black up but I was told it will be black by 12 weeks and a breeder I spoke to said they didnt know if kelp actually worked. :o

Thanks, I'm not sure about the kelp either. Did you have much difficulty getting a cav. I've been trying for a tri male for ages?

No, I didnt find it hard. BUT I didn't buy from a reputable breeder :laugh:

I didnt have all the knowledge I have now when I got my pup. She is actually a Cavalier X Cavoodle. :D

My tri girl had a bit of pink on her nose when I got her at 8 weeks. It filled in completely by about 4 months old. At 2 weeks old their noses are still filling and could take a few more weeks to fill, still early days :laugh:

I agree with what MissMolly said, he'll steal your heart straight away :laugh: