Elbow Callouses

Alyosha

Does anyone know the best way to soften these and re-grow the hair? I've just had a dog returned from a pet home that didn't work out and it looks like she's been sleeping on concrete :o .

Mine are always soft bedded so I haven't had to deal with callouses like this before. These aren't huge, just starting out, but I'd like to fix them up in case they dry out and crack etc.

Does anyone know the best way to soften these and re-grow the hair? I've just had a dog returned from a pet home that didn't work out and it looks like she's been sleeping on concrete :o .

Mine are always soft bedded so I haven't had to deal with callouses like this before. These aren't huge, just starting out, but I'd like to fix them up in case they dry out and crack etc.

Do yo think the callouses have ingrowing hairs at all?

Do they look infected?

If there are hairs then I advise pulling them out with tweezers the best you can and applying vitamin e cream after

A dog doesn't have to be on concrete to develop them besides dogs choose to lay on hard surfaces....some dogs seem more prone to these than others.

If they are inflammed you treat them one way, if it's just no hair just whack some Vit E on and massage in and give it a month.

Thanks guys, I'll try the vit E cream, she's just licked a bunch of paw paw ointment off. :rolleyes: Dessert.

I know some dogs are more prone to lying on concrete etc but this one hasn't been kept as I would have hoped. She is very, very content on thick blankets at the moment... I've never known one of this breed to seek out hard surfaces, quite the opposite - avoid them like the plague!