Mouldy Ziwipeak

Sheridan

I have a bag of Ziwipeak I bought before Christmas. I filled up the container I usually put it in and then sealed the rest of the bag. When I opened it today, I noticed a couple of pieces had white furry stuff on them. Only those that I can see. Would you toss the rest or remove those bits and continue to feed checking the rest? It's bloody expensive stuff ($129.00 per 5 kg bag) so I'm pretty pissed off.

Take it back to the retailer.

If you have any issues, pm me and I'll get you the number of the rep (or contact her for you).

Don't accept anything less than a refund or replacement - assuming you have a bag within code?

Sags

Within code?

This was posted from Sydney.

I would suggest not throwing it out, but returning it. If you've purchased it over the net, then contact the seller and advise them of the use by date and ask what they will do for you. If you simply throw the product out, you have no chance of getting a replacement or refund.

As I said, feel free to pm me and I'll find you some contact details of those who can help out tomorrow.

Sags

:thumbsup:

Don't throw out until you speak with someone.

They will probably ask for a code or use by date. ( sometimes there is additional number/letters next to or below a use by date )

I hav'nt used this product is it meant to be refridgerated after opening?

What area are you in. ( as maybe you need to refridgerate even if packet doesn't suggest it )

Don't feed it, don't bin it. Phone them up, it shouldn't go mouldy. I bought some - um - Innova? Nutro?- something expensive, and it did the same thing. Phoned up, the rep came out, gave me a bigger bag, took the furry stuff away. Apparently a batch had all gone like that.

I'm just amazed that you managed to GET Ziwipeak. I contacted the distributor (from memory, through an ad on here) a couple of years ago enquiring about puppy food and got no reply, so I put the pups on to ordinary, cheap old Supercoat (they thrived on it!).