Lump After Vac?

PoppyDog

My 11 week old CKCS X had her 2nd lot of vac's on Wednesday. She was also microchipped. I have just noticed a lump on the back of my puppies neck. I'm pretty sure its in the spot the vac was given NOT the spot she was microchipped. :confused:

Is this normal?

Thanks Poodlefan! I thought it would be. Just like a human when they have a vac! The vet did say it could be itchy so she might scratch at it and so I guess that means it could cause a reaction.

She hasn't been itching or scratching at it thought...she seems blisfully unaware! :confused:

How long till it goes down?

Thanks Poodlefan! I thought it would be. Just like a human when they have a vac! The vet did say it could be itchy so she might scratch at it and so I guess that means it could cause a reaction.

She hasn't been itching or scratching at it thought...she seems blisfully unaware! :confused:

How long till it goes down?

A week?

My girl had the same thing after one of her vaccinations, hers was the size of half a golf ball. It's a common reaction. Vets don't seem to say that but I've heard of it happening soooo many times.

Check with your vet but it should be fine. If it's not causing her any discomfort just wait and it should go down. Our girls took almost 2 weeks!

It happens. Keep an eye on it though, my bitch had a lump after a vac and hers just grew. Turned out they'd stuffed the injection up and when it was drained, all that came out was vaccine! It took about 2 months for it to go away. We didn't use that vet again and haven't had any problems since :laugh: It's not a common thing to happen that's for sure.