Grown Men And Puppies...

W Sibs

My brother and fiance got themselves a 9 weeks old beagle puppy name Gelly (pronounce Jelly) 3 days ago... very very cute. My brother has been planning and waiting for Gelly for 3 years. Well, I've been getting messages from him gushing over him. He sent me a sms saying that he is laying very still on his bed because Gelly is sleeping on him, and he didn't want to disturbed his pup :eek: (he loves that the pup loves sleeping ON him) And, my brother who's very particular about his clothes and shoes, didn't blink an eye when he found Gelly sleeping on his pile of neatly folded clothes.. instead took the camera out and started to takes photos of him. He taught Gelly how to sit the first night they got him... then called me up to brag how smart Gelly is about how quickly he learned how to sit. I knew my brother is a softie, but he has completely melted over this dog.

Then, yesterday, I took Charlie for a walk and I saw a huge construction guy sitting at the park bench with a 10 weeks old CKCS sitting on his lap. He was still in his work clothes, boots, neon shirt over a singlet top and everything. The guy politely asked me if Charlie was vaccinated and everything, so he can introduce his pup to Charlie. It was so sweet... he didn't let his puppy on the ground, so he just held it while his puppy and Charlie sniffed each other and stuff. We started to talk about raising puppies, and he took out a notebook and pen and started to take notes!! :laugh: The CKCS is actually his wife's dog, but he said he said that his wife has to get another one because this one is his :mad It was the sweetest thing to see his HUGE man craddling a tiny pup, as though he was carrying a fragile bubble... awwww....

I simply love seeing a grown man totally melting for a puppy/dog... it's always make me melt :D

Do you guys have grown men and puppies stories to share?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love when my OH grabs the puppy (who he calls the red terror) and wrestles with him so he can plant kisses on the puppy's head! The puppy tends to retaliate by covering OH with licks and they spend ages just playing.. Normally ends up with OH saying "Oh I do love you I suppose" as he kisses Bundy before finishing the game :eek:

One of my puppy buyers is a police man and over 6ft tall, quite intimidating to look at.

He gave his puppy Sprocket a chicken carcass in his bowl, Sprocket took it outside to eat on the grass.

Ben his owner, took it back inside washed it and then gave it back to him.

Didn't want his puppy to eat dirt :eek:

I get weekly updates on Sprocket's progress, and see him every few weeks.

P1120196.jpgP1250009.jpg

awww....

BM: The boyfriend's brother does that to Charlie too. When we aren't watching, he will kiss Charlie on his head too!

Sway: OMG.. the aww moment there was 'He didn't want his puppy to get dirt!'.. love the pics!

Edited by charleswentworth

My OH is hopeless with puppies. He made me go for a walk with him over Christmas as an excuse to try to get a chance to play with the GR puppy he knew was outside with her family. I have to tell him whenever I see a puppy so he can go and cuddle it. He kisses our dogs on the head all the time.

I had a baby rabbit to find a new home one time, and the lady that took her showed up with this huge guy in leather and tats. While I was getting the rabbit he somehow ended up lying on my kitchen floor cuddling with my corgi. I asked them if they needed a box to transport the bunny and by this stage he had her cuddled up in the crook of his neck and his wife goes "No, he'll hold her." and just kind of rolls her eyes.

My OH is hopeless with puppies. He made me go for a walk with him over Christmas as an excuse to try to get a chance to play with the GR puppy he knew was outside with her family. I have to tell him whenever I see a puppy so he can go and cuddle it. He kisses our dogs on the head all the time.

I had a baby rabbit to find a new home one time, and the lady that took her showed up with this huge guy in leather and tats. While I was getting the rabbit he somehow ended up lying on my kitchen floor cuddling with my corgi. I asked them if they needed a box to transport the bunny and by this stage he had her cuddled up in the crook of his neck and his wife goes "No, he'll hold her." and just kind of rolls her eyes.

aww... did he get to play with the puppy? :eek:

:eek: how adorable.

OH and I brought Jet together but technically he is mine, I do all the training and taking him to the vet etc. But seeing him speak to Jet in a baby voice and give cuddles and wrestles is the sweetest thing. OH gets soft and if I want to tell Jet off from doing something naughty OH will start telling me not to and talks to Jet in a baby voice again telling him to ignore me!

When we get our own place OH we will get another dog and its OH's dog this time. I can see him being worse and talking to it in a baby voice!

2607jlv.jpg

6'4, 110kg ... "I don't think we should get a dog LDR, I'll get too attached." ..... First night at home ....

DSCF2620.jpg

AND! He still sleeps just like that and OH will whisper loudly "LDR can you grab me a beer? I can't move the lil fella, he's fast asleep!". :eek:

My OH is so much worse than me when it comes to the dogs.. He has his 'own' dog and the rest are mine apparently.. Sparky gets carried around like a big baby, he hugs around OH's neck with his front legs and he gets carried around. I'll take something off the dog and OH looks at me and says 'but he wants it :thumbsup: "

he is just as bad with the others though, this is him with gherkin.. he also spoons her in the bed and she sleeps on his pillows and he moves down so she can stay there..

floor.jpg

pardon his boxers...

The dogs get more kisses and cuddle than I do :eek::rofl: Bailey our GR gets picked up and cradled like a baby as soon as OH gets home each night. He does to Mia the Aussie too, but she isn't quite as big so it's not so dramatic :thumbsup: And the nightly food routine of "sit - wait - ok" has an added step of a kiss on the head when oh does it.

OH has gone from me having to convince OH to bend his "NO DOGS INSIDE" rule to at least allowed in the laundry / back room to me being the one having to reason with him why I don't want the dogs in the bed all night (they get up and wake me) :o He's grown up with the typical 'farm dog' attitude, so has done a complete flip from not being able to understand how I could possibly "love" my animals - to being concerned before we got our second dog that he couldn't possibly love it as much as he loves Bailey :rofl: It's all good though, he's learnt you can love more than one dog :)

who are cutest? Men or Puppies

(don't know if the photo will work)

I used to catch OH kissing her on the head as well and he used to say "I can't get a beer Scrubby's on my lap and I don't want to disturb her"

post-21746-1267082530_thumb.jpg