Grown Men And Puppies...

W Sibs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, this topic caught my eye and I have a confession to make....

I'm a bloke, and I've recently taken on my girlfriends 3 dogs and also got myself a puppy at the same time. I also own 2 horses and (now) 3 cats (one came back down with my girlfriend when she moved in). I can undeniably say, that when it comes to animals of any shape size, furr, fluff or otherwise, I'm the biggest softie out there. I know quite a few grown men that melt around animals like that, and i'm just the same.

I'll post up some pics of my baby (horse - 2yo now he's not such a baby anymore), the cats and the puppies when I get home :laugh: Animals are definetly a treasured, very important part of my life :laugh:

I don't have pics, but my Dad never ever wanted a dog and when I was 21 my Mum and I finally beat him into submission and finally let me get one. After a year of research I finally brought home my Dobermann Sasha.

Well the rule was that she was to sleep outside and he didn't really want to have anything to do with her. She slept outside until she was desexed at six months when he took pity on her and said she could stay inside next to my bedroom door until her stitches were out. She never slept outside again.

This was the same man who used to buy an extra flake on fish and chip night, for Sasha - he even shredded it up so that it would last longer when she ate it. What was he thinking, she was a Dobe. He also loved buying her lemonade icey poles on hot days and holding the stick for her to lick it.

Somewhere I have a pic of him holding her on his lap, but its on old fashioned negatives, so I'll see if I can dig it up and scan it in.

BTW, I was thinking tonight that many of the threads have been same same of late, I'm so glad I stumbled on this one, its been a brilliant read.

Edited by SmoothieGirl

I too complain (but not really) that hubby gives the dogs more attention than he does me. He kisses them on the head all the time. What really softens my heart is when he cuddles with Jindi and talks baby talk to her because he wasn't that keen on her (he thought he couldn't love her as much as he loves Henschke), but she's such a cuddle pot, he is falling in love with her. :)

My OH pretends not to love Molly - but deep down he adores her.

When he thinks i'm out of earshot i'll always hear him calling her over, and doing his crazy voice 'Moooo-llllieeeeee aaahhhh Moooolliiieee' plus he pesters me all the time to go on outings with her - he quite often takes her out by himself and comes home with a little smirk on his face, and starts telling me stories. My OH tries really hard not to show his soft side - and of course, Molly worships the ground he walks on :)

Very tired on Molly's first day at home......

IMG_0632.jpg

and Molly's most favourite spot in the whole world....

P1030623.jpg