Surprise Husky Puppy!

sallywill

oh we got our ewe back from the farm next door, they shaved her for us, and a while later she had twins!!

looked out my window to see these two little babies! my first lambs - they are pets - they come on the porch and still follow mum around even though they are the same size as her! ...they try to drink of her too ha!

When I went back through the dates of gestation I too discovered that they had been off to get shorn that particular weekend. The buggers were only off the property for a wee bit, no time wasting occurred to getting down to business on either side I suspect :rofl:

What a gorgeous puppy, haha what a surprise!!! :rofl:

Nothing else much to add except good luck, read lots, google is your friend.

Just one thing is she outside? It looks like brick wall behind mum. that she is only on a blanket? Probably a good idea to actually have her in a box/crate etc that will protect against the elements as well as keep her contained, you don't want her having nothing to stop her moving around and wandering away unsupervised when the time comes. A big box that mum can get in and out of at will and puppy cant is good idea :(

Good luck looking forward to seeing her grow :)

Thankyou everyone.

Mollie and Mischa are both doing well. Mollie is even leaving here for a spell to go out inthe grass, or to come and say hello. Pup is just gorgeous, but very chubby, though I have no idea of what breed she is , so no clue on how big she should be.

:laugh:

I've had a surprise singleton like that, from a 12 year old bitch! It was on her bed one morning! She didnt want it, we had to hand raise it. I knew who the father had to be though!

Ok, today, she has started crawling away from mum nd crying int he corner. I've tried to get her to latch on, but she wont.

Vet suggested I get some formula from there and a small botlle and feed her that way? How do I know how ofen? And what about Mollies teats? I know how painful it is for humans to have a baby not feed.?

Ok, today, she has started crawling away from mum nd crying int he corner. I've tried to get her to latch on, but she wont.

Vet suggested I get some formula from there and a small botlle and feed her that way? How do I know how ofen? And what about Mollies teats? I know how painful it is for humans to have a baby not feed.?

I don't think you need to worry about Mollie's teats unless they are looking big, swollen, hard, painful and the ends are hot. Generally bitches are good about producing the amount of milk that is taken by the pup(s) and a singleton at one week isn't a big feed.

If you are bottle feeding, or tube feeding, you need to do it around 4X daily. I can't advise you about quantities, but you should be able to find someone who can do so. I find tube feeding is easier than bottle feeding for really little guys . . . but you should get an expert to help you learn to do it. Would be much better to get the pup back to suckling. Good luck!

Whoops.. 2 of the same

What a dear wee baby, and mumma looks so proud! Just boost mums feed up a bit. As she has only had the one pup, it wont be draining too much from her. I put my bitch on puppy biscuits while she was pregnant and feeding, but I guess you missed the pregnant part lol. I also started offering my pups puppy milk when they were 3 weeks old to take some of the pressure off mum, and then mixed in some BARF to a very watery consistency. They thrived putting on a kilo a week. I would have the thought the same as you "Where on earth did that come from" Hahahaha. My bitch had a caesarian, so had no concept of what these this little wriggly things were. I made her lie still and I put the pups on her. She lost interest reasonably quickly, but not as quick as 1 week. Bottle feeding at that age is a good idea. Just try the pup 4-5 times a day. It will let you know when its had enough. Still try and get mum to feed as well if you can.

Good luck and all the best