Puppy Of The Year And Tkc Show Launceston

Tassie

Congrats to all those who did well at the weekend.

Just want to take this opportunity to say a very big thank you to the rajacadoo family, and especially Miss I for enabling my BC boy Rory to show at the weekend, after his usual handler injured herself.

Miss I took on the big challenge of handling a 17month old BC boy which she hadn't handled before (well, if you don't count 5 minutes practice out the back :laugh: ) and did a terrific job with him, both on Saturday and Sunday. Yeah - OK, we didn't win, but Miss I made Rory look good, and most important of all to me, made sure he had fun out there.

So, thank you very much rajacadoodoos one and all, and most especially Rory's friend Miss I - great job!

Hi Tassie...would you know who won please? :laugh:

Puppy of the year was a Weimaraner - Ch Ghostwind Perfect Picture. Runner up was the Rottweiler Sahne Rave On Blue Genes. (I'm pretty sure I got that right - the winner is right, anyway.)

Hi Tassie...would you know who won please? :thumbsup:

Puppy of the year was a Weimaraner - Ch Ghostwind Perfect Picture. Runner up was the Rottweiler Sahne Rave On Blue Genes. (I'm pretty sure I got that right - the winner is right, anyway.)

thank you :thumbsup:

Ohhhhh shucks, I be all embarrased now :laugh:

I think that Miss I did a good job, considering she has only been in the ring about 12 months, too... They both LOVE showing, and so much enjoy it when people ask them to help handle. Phillippa has been REALLY great to them, with letting them show the dogs, but also giving them both tons of tips on how they can do it better, or even differently. She has been wonderful :laugh: Ellz has also been fantastic with them. She too is happy to hand over her dogs, and has great ideas to share with them, so HUGE :laugh: to her too. I think they are doing a great job with the Basenji's, and both the B's are at times a real PITA to show, in fact not just sometimes, more like ALWAYS... Poor Miss I had a really tough time with Vanda on the weekend, (she was in season, so I guess I have to make some allowances, or should that be excuses !!!), but she managed to keep both of themselves together enough... Just :birthday: .

So Tassie, I would also like to say a great big HUGE thank you, to you, on behalf of Miss I, for allowing Miss I to show Rory, she really was tickled pink with the experience, and to be able to show in such a prestigious event as well :birthday: . Im sure she will be more than happy to come to your rescue, ANY time you want her ;) :birthday: .

Oh pffffft!

The pleasure is MINE! It is such a relief to me to know that I have capable people around to help me when I get in a flap and who I can trust to show my dogs for me. As we all know, Mr Ellz is such a pussy when it comes to shows and your girls are fantastic helpers. AND THEY LISTEN!!! That is the best skill any young handler can have!!! :laugh:

PS. Tell Miss O I've been working on Woger and Flame. Woger is past the klingon stage and well into the scuttling phase but will stack until the cows come home, Flame goes like the clappers but burps fire when you ask her to stand. She can take her pick! :cry:

Oh dear, looks like Miss O is gunna have some fun with those 2... Either way, sounds like she is going to have her hands full, just like you will with the other one :( :D ;) . Fun times ahead, mefinks :cry:

They are getting there, slowly but surely, and I think every time they step into the ring, they learn just a little bit more, too :laugh: . They already are WAY ahead of their mothers skill, thats for sure, but Im happy they are :D :(

Ellz wrote

your girls are fantastic helpers. AND THEY LISTEN!!! That is the best skill any young handler can have!!!

Absolutely - it was such a big ask for Miss I, especially in All Breeds on the Sunday - and she really listened and concentrated so hard - maintained her focus even when the naughty Rory man was playing up in the class run off - she didn't get flustered or cross with him. And she was getting great focus and attention from Rory - well, except for when his boy brains kicked in :laugh: . And most important of all to me - Rory had a great time - loved working with her. So thanks again. :cry: