Lens Is Bigger Than The Body!

DMA

I just got my new 12-60mm & it is huge! So I attached it to my E-420 (now in semi-retirement) & was surprised by how much bigger it is than the body itself!

Here's four shots...

420.jpg

420a.jpg

420b.jpg

420c.jpg

So, for a bit of fun, post photos of your big lenses in comparision to your body(s)...

Edited by DMA

12-60 and 2.8 to f4 should give you some fantastic landscape shots :cry:

Will show you mine later :thumbsup:

Yes, please do :)

I got it for my pound work as I got disenchanted, I must admit, with the 18-180mm I've been using. It's a great workhorse, but I know the 12-60mm is far better glass.

I have a Canon 300mm prime which is bigger than the 30D and stands out which I hate. I've ordered a khaki cover from wildlife watching supplies to try and hide it. If I hang it around my neck it reaches my belly button. :cry:

I have a Canon 300mm prime which is bigger than the 30D and stands out which I hate. I've ordered a khaki cover from wildlife watching supplies to try and hide it. If I hang it around my neck it reaches my belly button. :cry:

2.8 or 4.0?

4.0. Couldn't afford the 2.8 but most of the photos I take are in good light anyway. It has IS too which is great.

eta: I also have a 1.4 extender which makes it longer. :)

Edited by Ripley

Ooohhhhh I must ask you SchnauzerBoy... what's the IQ of your Sigma 70-200 like? I'm thinking of getting the fourthirds version & I'm weighing it up against the Zuiko 50-200mm SWD.

Edited by DMA

Ooohhhhh I must ask you SchnauzerBoy... what's the IQ of your Sigma 70-200 like? I'm thinking of getting the fourthirds version & I'm weighing it up against the Zuiko 50-200mm SWD.

I LOVE it

The 2x teleconverter has a bit of an impact on focus speeds and I don't think the D80 does it justice... bring on the D700

However, when researching I put it on a D300 and it better than the Nikon lens at AF speeds.... the HSM is brilliant! However, not sure how it compares to the SWD :dancingelephant:

Shame they are bringing out an OS version of it shortly for me.... probably good for you though :laugh:

I LOVE it

The 2x teleconverter has a bit of an impact on focus speeds and I don't think the D80 does it justice... bring on the D700

However, when researching I put it on a D300 and it better than the Nikon lens at AF speeds.... the HSM is brilliant! However, not sure how it compares to the SWD :laugh:

Shame they are bringing out an OS version of it shortly for me.... probably good for you though :laugh:

Thanks for the advice. It's a bit of a flick of the coin for me so things like AF speed would be an issue. Plus I'll have a 10mm gap between the 12-60 & the Sigma, where I won't with the 50-200. Still I can tolerate that given the Sigma is a lot cheaper. Sounds like it's back to coin flipping... :dancingelephant: