Glucosamine

I have a neighbour who has an aging Akita cross. The dog is about 12 I believe but the owner doesnt believe in vets. As wrong as that it is I have noticed the old dog getting stiff in the legs (when getting up from a sleep for eg) Is there an off the shelf Glucosamine tablet I could offer to buy to make this dog a bit more comfortable? In the past ive clipped its nails for him, helped with a hotspot the dog had- I imagine this dog is a decent weight- my experience is just with the smaller dogs.

I have a neighbour who has an aging Akita cross. The dog is about 12 I believe but the owner doesnt believe in vets. As wrong as that it is I have noticed the old dog getting stiff in the legs (when getting up from a sleep for eg) Is there an off the shelf Glucosamine tablet I could offer to buy to make this dog a bit more comfortable? In the past ive clipped its nails for him, helped with a hotspot the dog had- I imagine this dog is a decent weight- my experience is just with the smaller dogs.

Hi redangel when my dog Matey started to stiffen up bit like his owner really LOL I started him on Fish oil and eventually it has been beneficialI give him the same brand as me but pierce the capsule and put the oil on his meat or with his raw egg

Just suggest the basic people one - nutralife I think it's called - in powder form. Much easier to give than a tablet. My dog recovered from limping in three legs with arthritis with changing her diet to natural and adding this. Make sure not to get the ones with silly flavours tho - especially not citrus. It's also cheaper than some of the "dog" ones.