Any One Else's Dog Too Precious To Go Out In The Rain?

The other 2 don't mind a little spattering too much, but Minka just won't tolerate it at all.

Even after it's rained, if the concrete is still wet she will not go outside to get to the garden because she'll get her pretty little paws wet. :laugh:

Our boxer makes it to the door all happy until he spots the rain. It is like in the cartoons when their legs spin around so fast they are a big circle. I have to force him out (under an umbrella so it's not too bad!) and put him on the grass. He looks at me like i'm the worst mum in the world. Better that than my carpets!!

Charlie doesn't mind the rain... BUT, when he comes into the house it a different story. he realise he is wet, then throws a tantrum till someone gets him a towel, as soon as we put the towel on the floor, he will sit there still giving us a sad look as though saying 'mummy, i'm wet. i don't like it'.. while i dry him off.. :crossfingers::crossfingers:

:thumbsup::cheer::laugh:

This is my reaction when it happens too... :mad

I was up in Sydney when the rain came through on Friday, and I drove through it on the way back to Melbourne, however my OH, said that the dogs dont generally go out in the rain (we have 4) with the exception of my puppy.

Apparantly she was running around like a crazy dog snapping at it trying to catch the rain!!!!

She hates water in general tho, hates getting baths, wont come near the hose when its on... she's an odd one I swear!

our bc doesnt mind the rain, bit indifferent at times (ie loves it some days but then others will just sleep til its cleared up) BUT..... at night time if he gets wets when playing or going to do his business he will cry constantly until he gets dried off so he can go to sleep... ordinarily thats okay but at 2am in the morning when all you can hear is constant scratching and crying its abit annoying, so i get up and dry him off and he then curls up and goes to sleep LOL :crossfingers:

My tibbies have always gone out to the toilet in the rain....but they make it clear that it tests their Buddhist acceptance to the very limit. It's funny to watch them return by not walking on the wet grass, but along the raised brick garden edges.

However, we just adopted a tibbie girl who was born & bred in Sweden. She has a totally different attitude. Out she goes with great enthusiasm, even when it's raining. It's as if she's saying....'Gee, you're whimps here in the sub-tropics. You should've seen how we had to wade out into the snow back in Sweden!'

Yes Edward hates the rain. He lays on the carpet staring at the ceiling expecting the rain to come through any minute. If I make him go out he'll only go and do his business if I stand on the verandah. As soon as I try and sneak back in he comes running.