Limit Register And Travelling Overseas

nicolatu

I came to oz from South Africa and my cats had to stay in quarantine for 6 months in RSA and one month here, I could have done 3 months there and 4 here but it just worked out cheaper that way. Quarantine is stressful and so are the flights, I would avoid it at all costs.

Sorry -I'm a little confused - have you already got a dog? Or are you thinking of getting one? :thumbsup:

Limited Register dogs cannot be re-registered with a Kennel Club in another country. Essentially, the pedigree papers stay in Australia. You can send your dog overseas as your pet (of course) but as others have mentioned, quarantine processes would prohibit a short trip overseas (for the dog not you! LOL) - the dog is much better off to stay here at a boarding facility.

If you're talking long term, then naturally you want to take your dog with you! :laugh: But yes, just be aware that there are long quarantine processes, medical tests and expenses to get your dog back into Australia particularly from Asian countries. :mad

Sorry -I'm a little confused - have you already got a dog? Or are you thinking of getting one? :thumbsup:

Limited Register dogs cannot be re-registered with a Kennel Club in another country. Essentially, the pedigree papers stay in Australia. You can send your dog overseas as your pet (of course) but as others have mentioned, quarantine processes would prohibit a short trip overseas (for the dog not you! LOL) - the dog is much better off to stay here at a boarding facility.

If you're talking long term, then naturally you want to take your dog with you! :rofl: But yes, just be aware that there are long quarantine processes, medical tests and expenses to get your dog back into Australia particularly from Asian countries. :eek:

I am thinking of getting a dog. Haha sorry for the confusion. I was just thinking about a long holiday(3-4months for university), should i bring it along with me. But i wont return in at least 2-3 years. Thanks for that.

I am thinking of getting a dog. Haha sorry for the confusion. I was just thinking about a long holiday(3-4months for university), should i bring it along with me. But i wont return in at least 2-3 years. Thanks for that.

I think you need to sit down & look at what your plans would be with the dog & what regions you hope the dog can go too & then look at the quarantine info regarding importing/exporting.

We board alot of dogs owned by Singapore students who when it comes time to return home had no idea about teh costs involved & have to make the decision whether to take the dog or leave it especially if after the re studies there looking for jobs maybe in other countries.

Obviously it is very doable but it isnt cheap & it also relies on residency issues for the dog .

Also the size of dog factors into costs.

You would need to budget depending on country ,agents that deal with that country on atleast $3000 plus(one way)