Limit Register And Travelling Overseas

nicolatu

Hi everyone,

My OH and I are not from Aust and planning to buy a dog from a breeder on DOL. We might go back for holidays and thinking of bringing the dog back with us for holiday. So I was wondering if a pup is on limited register, can we travel with it overseas?

Regards,

Nicola

Limit register dogs can come and go from any country, just like any old dog, be it cross bred, BYB or a rescue.

Because they can't be exhibited or bred from, they cannot be exported and re-registered with another controlling body overseas, it doesn't mean that they can't travel.

Limit register dogs can come and go from any country, just like any old dog, be it cross bred, BYB or a rescue.

Because they can't be exhibited or bred from, they cannot be exported and re-registered with another controlling body overseas, it doesn't mean that they can't travel.

That makes more sence.. skip what i wrote. :laugh:

limited register has no effect.

Although when you say holidays what do you mean??What country

Travelling internationally isnt simple with a dog.NZ doesnt have quarantine but you need to have the full tetsts done & cleared before travel which isnt cheap & the other countries require quaratine & pre tests in a set period

Travelling internationally isnt simple with a dog.NZ doesnt have quarantine but you need to have the full tetsts done & cleared before travel which isnt cheap & the other countries require quaratine & pre tests in a set period

What I mean for holiday is that when we go back to our country for school holiday(we are university students), we will bring the pup back as well because we wont leave it here to a dog accommodation(I trust myself more =p).

My OH is from Macau and I am from Indonesia. If we were to bring the dog back to holiday, it will probably be to Macau because I am not to keen to bring the dog back to Indonesia(not that clean). We are planning to work here after we graduate so bringing the dog back is a short-term thing.

Nicola

What I mean for holiday is that when we go back to our country for school holiday(we are university students), we will bring the pup back as well because we wont leave it here to a dog accommodation(I trust myself more =p).

My OH is from Macau and I am from Indonesia. If we were to bring the dog back to holiday, it will probably be to Macau because I am not to keen to bring the dog back to Indonesia(not that clean). We are planning to work here after we graduate so bringing the dog back is a short-term thing.

Nicola

Personally I'd be waiting until AFTER you graduate to get the pup :laugh:

Edited by SecretKei

If you take a dog from Australia to any place that has rabies (and perhaps a few places that don't have rabies, but have other diseases) you will have to put your dog in quarantine in Australia when you come back. It is very expensive and means you will have to be separated from your dog for at least a month. Not a comittment I would take on lightly.

Nicola

Nicola,

You would need to take into account quarrantine time and required health shots. o take the dog with you would mean a minimum of 4 weeks in a quarrantine boarding facility each time you return (could be more - not sure on requirements from that region) as well as ensuring the dog has suitable paperwork such as shots and vet inspections within set timeframes of tracvel into Australia.

If you are going to be doing a lot of travel back and forwards would it better to wait until you graduate? Or maybe you could have other uni friends house sit for you when you are away. I used to love house sitting when I was younger, really enjoyed the time away from home.

eta: link to quarrantine information. http://www.daff.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_f...ion-package.pdf

Edited by piper

Getting the dog out of the country is not such a big deal (unless Macau has quarantine) but then coming back to Australia is a different story. Id wait as well untill you are back again to get a pup. Australia is pretty strict with their quarantine rules.

You cannot import from Indonesia. Macau is a Group 4 country - provided you adhere to the rabies and RNATT protocol it is a minimum of 30 days in quarantine. This is an expensive process, kennelling would be cheaper.

Getting the dog out of the country is not such a big deal (unless Macau has quarantine) but then coming back to Australia is a different story. Id wait as well untill you are back again to get a pup. Australia is pretty strict with their quarantine rules.

Both Indonesia and Macau require import permits and certain criteria to be met.

It can also be very expensive and difficult to move a dog between different Asian counties. If you are not sure exactly what country you will be living in, now is not the time to get a dog.

Whether you take the dog back with you at the end of your holiday or not, a dog going to Macau has to travel as freight, not as baggage, so it won't be any cheaper to do it that way.

Ok, wasnt sure about that. I know the Netherlands dont have it.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We just came back and won't return in short period of time (at least 4 years). I am just planning ahead before i get my puppy. If i go back for a short period time (~2 weeks) then i think kennelling is a better option as you all have suggested.

Thanks once again. It was very helpful.

Nicola

The Netherlands must have an EU certificate and a rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to departure (basic EU conditions)

The Netherlands must have an EU certificate and a rabies vaccination at least 21 days prior to departure (basic EU conditions)

Yeah alright, but compared to what we had to go through to come here that that is nothing :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your replies. We just came back and won't return in short period of time (at least 4 years). I am just planning ahead before i get my puppy. If i go back for a short period time (~2 weeks) then i think kennelling is a better option as you all have suggested.

Thanks once again. It was very helpful.

Nicola

You won't be able to get the dog back in to the country unless it stays for 6 months in Macau before returning (and then follows all the shot vaccinations and health check requirements already mentioned).