Undercover Dog Arenas In Sydney

tyra20007

Hi All

Just wondering if people in Sydney could tell me where there is an arena or places indoors that allow you to hold a dog show and have all the exhibitors able to crate their dogs inside.

I understand most National Specialities require the event to be held indoors and am curious to know if there are places that allow the dogs to be crated inside. We are about to attend a National Speciality show that requires all the dogs not being shown or marshalled to be kept outside in crates or trailers. :hug:

With Sydney being such a big place I am sure there are places that would allow the dogs inside.

Thank you in advance for your input :cry:

There used to be a few, El Caballo Blanco was one, Harold Park was another, a couple of the vineyards had great areas, as did a couple of sporting venues but unfortunately many of them either closed down, or the lack of thought and care by dog exhibitors put paid to the arrangements. Typically, the actions of a few spoil things for the rest.

There used to be a few, El Caballo Blanco was one, Harold Park was another, a couple of the vineyards had great areas, as did a couple of sporting venues but unfortunately many of them either closed down, or the lack of thought and care by dog exhibitors put paid to the arrangements. Typically, the actions of a few spoil things for the rest.

Ain't it always the way :cry:

I can't tell you how many "extra" poos I pick up at my off leash dog park hoping that the council never has reason to change the park to "NO DOGS ALLOWED" like sooo many areas around Sydney.

It is sad that the some spoil it for the rest.

Thanks for replying :hug:

I would have thought that a National would be held where the exhibitors could watch classes being judged,as I would not like to leave my dogs out of sight.Have just seen where this National is being held again I would want my dogs with me.

The 2007 Poodle National was held at

"The Pavillion" Penrith Rugby Leagues Club

Mulgoa Rd Penrith

It was a great venue with an outdoor park area suitable for the Obedience trial as well.

We are not from Sydney so don't know if the venue is still open.

In Victoria we are very lucky to have two indoor venues managed by Dogs Victoria.

The 2007 Poodle National was held at

"The Pavillion" Penrith Rugby Leagues Club

Mulgoa Rd Penrith

It was a great venue with an outdoor park area suitable for the Obedience trial as well.

We are not from Sydney so don't know if the venue is still open.

In Victoria we are very lucky to have two indoor venues managed by Dogs Victoria.

Were you allowed to crate your dogs inside as this seems to be the problem at the Dobe National & Speciality NO DOGS INSIDE unless being marshalled or being shown.

There were no restrictions on having dogs crated or in pens indoors for the duration of the show. The floor covering was a synthetic "outdoor" type carpet.

Perhaps this would have been a better venue for the Dobe people.

:thumbsup: The Penrith Panthers Venue was great. One of the best indoor shows i have been to. So much room and to have the park outside for obedience was great. The Poodle club did a great job. It made it even more great winning a CC at a National. :laugh:

Cheers

Adam Daley :mad

Thank you capanash for that great information & everyone else for your inputs

Sadly the "powers that be" in the Dobe Club of NSW seem to feel that it is acceptable to have the exhibitors left outside with dogs in trailers and crates. Apparently the last 2 times the National was held in Sydney it was acceptable to have a no dogs inside venue and therefore it made no effort to find somewhere the could outdo the previous years. I am beyond annoyed that it is being held like this, because I love my dogs and will not leave them outside so that I can go & watch the showring. I would love to be able to watch the shows but won't be able to.

What really annoys me is within 12 hours of posting my question here - I was able to find an ideal venue just around the corner from the venue they have, imagine if I had a couple of years to organise it LOL - but we all know the best place to find answers from the experts is DOL :thumbsup:

It is being held at http://www.penrithsportsstadium.com.au/copy.asp?id=about which looks like a run down basketball court to me.

Thanks again for answering my question & for letting me vent LOL

I wouldn't be very happy if that was my breed, so can understand.

I think you have a right to be disappointed and don't think enough thought has gone into the venue if that is the best they can do. From that set up, you would think that the exhibitors, spectators and owners are all different entities.

I wouldn't be very happy if that was my breed, so can understand.

I think you have a right to be disappointed and don't think enough thought has gone into the venue if that is the best they can do. From that set up, you would think that the exhibitors, spectators and owners are all different entities.

Have to agree I wouldn't like to have to leave my other dogs outside while i was showing indoors

The Dobe national when held in SA at the race course the dobes had to stay outside whilst we where inside

So what was the atmosphere like? I would think I wouldn't be so worried or concerned for my dogs at a Racecourse,this venue however is in a suburban area in Western Sydney,so I can see why Tyra2007 is concerned.

What really annoys me is within 12 hours of posting my question here - I was able to find an ideal venue just around the corner from the venue they have, imagine if I had a couple of years to organise it LOL - but we all know the best place to find answers from the experts is DOL :(

I understand your frustration, but it might be a financial decision. My Club looked at Panthers a few years ago, can't remember the price but it was very expensive. No way we could afford it. I have no idea how many entries the Dobe National attracts, maybe it wasn't doable financially. It's a shame NSW doesn't have an indoor venue that is more suitable, but also affordable.

Our national rules are very specific - the main one relevant here is that all nationals must be run with 'provision' for an indoor arena -they can be held outdoors but must have indoor arena incase of wet/over hot etc etc weather. However - finding such a venue is extremely hard - must be suitable, must be happy to have a dog show held there, must be in budget etc etc - it is really hard. We are soooooo lucky here in Vic - with KCC Park we had the perfect venue for our national/host/specialty week.

Anyone who has been a part of a national team understands just how hard it is to put together, just how much work you do, how much of your life and house it takes over and the fact that you don't stop for that whole damn week - let alone the 2 years prior :(. While I am not happy about my dogs being stuck in their trailer and I am not happy about having to miss the majority of the show / dogs, and I have had to decide I can't help the committee over the 4 days as offered as my dogs will need to be watched and looked after (and they are my priority) - I am not helping therefore I have no right to whinge.

Perhaps tyra20007 you should have been a part of the national committee - it would have been a great learning curve.

The Dobe national when held in SA at the race course the dobes had to stay outside whilst we where inside

So what was the atmosphere like? I would think I wouldn't be so worried or concerned for my dogs at a Racecourse,this venue however is in a suburban area in Western Sydney,so I can see why Tyra2007 is concerned.

It was still open to all & i cant say there was any issue with not been able to watch.

The main issue at this venue for me personally was you had to go up 2 flights of major stairs with the dogs & that proved quite tricky & the floor surface was too slippery,given the choice i would sooner have showed outside

The highlight though was the fire alarm been set off & everyone evacuating during inter bitch

So what was the atmosphere like? I would think I wouldn't be so worried or concerned for my dogs at a Racecourse,this venue however is in a suburban area in Western Sy :thumbsup: dney,so I can see why Tyra2007 is concerned.

It was still open to all & i cant say there was any issue with not been able to watch.

The main issue at this venue for me personally was you had to go up 2 flights of major stairs with the dogs & that proved quite tricky & the floor surface was too slippery,given the choice i would sooner have showed outside

The highlight though was the fire alarm been set off & everyone evacuating during inter bitch

I love it. Alarm going off. :(

Thanks to all who have commented.

Bisart, if only the club was more encouraging to new members rather than giving the cold shoulder and rudeness we endure as newcomers. I would have been more than happy to help organise anything that was asked of me and inject energies, enthusiasm and even financial donations.

UPDATE ON MY ENTRIES FOR THE NATIONAL DOG SHOW :rofl:

The club is now saying that a refund will be issued for my entries - & "that is the end of the matter"! :rofl:

It is a sad day when a Club cannot appreciate another persons opinion and is so touchy to criticism. Then they wonder why people don't want to join their club!! Ahhh Derrr I wonder!!!

Needless to say this will continue as I do not want my entries cancelled and refunded!

It is about time the members of DOGS NSW lobbied DOGS for an indoor arena to be built at Erskine Park for all clubs to use! For our state not have one should be an embarrassment.