Grr

Budd

This morning I took my 14 week old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bear for a walk, up ahead I see a man walking with his 2 dogs. I notice both of them are off the lead and running about. These dogs are around 50 or so metres in front of their owner and both of them circle around Bear, he is a little frightened at first. The guy yells out "dont worry they wont bite him", so i yell back "my puppy isnt used to so many dogs just yet" so i keep walking with Bear.. We turn around after about another 20 mins, I turn the corner to my house and I notice the 2 dogs this guy owns are outside my house. I get inside my dads shop and the guy is in there talking to my dad, really gave me the shits lol

it happens. I recently had a couple friendly cattle dogs -- off lead -- come up to me walking six Labs -- on lead. The six lurched forward to say hello. All was friendly. Busy road nearby so I couldn't let go. I was pulled over and skinned two knees, one elbow, and a couple knuckles. Looked like a bikee who came off the bike and it bloody hurt. I don't even bother with the grr. I wish I could allow my dogs off lead, but without perfect recall, can't do it.

it happens. I recently had a couple friendly cattle dogs -- off lead -- come up to me walking six Labs -- on lead. The six lurched forward to say hello. All was friendly. Busy road nearby so I couldn't let go. I was pulled over and skinned two knees, one elbow, and a couple knuckles. Looked like a bikee who came off the bike and it bloody hurt. I don't even bother with the grr. I wish I could allow my dogs off lead, but without perfect recall, can't do it.

You can walk six labs at once? :(

You were polite, I would have told him to get his dogs onlead....doesn't matter if his dogs won't bite or not.

This idea 'doesn't bite so it is OK" is one of my pet hates.

Met a lady walking a SWF dog in the park and this dog kept mounting Cindy. The owner did not call him even when I asked. Cindy was getting upset so put her on lead and walked away. SWF dog keeps following. The owner kept saying - it doesn't matter he is de-sexed. I said it does matter-my dog does not like it. Reply from owner-"no need to be unfriendly". :( I didn't reply.

You can walk six labs at once? :(

I could walk 12 Labs at once if they were walked regularly and had learned the rules from early days. But 12 would probably have caused worse road burns than six :(:mad . I might have to put on a few kilos to do it :) . Even a dog that is good on lead tends to forget the rules when another dog comes trotting up, at least with my relaxed training regime.

You can walk six labs at once? ;)

I could walk 12 Labs at once if they were walked regularly and had learned the rules from early days. But 12 would probably have caused worse road burns than six :thumbsup::( . I might have to put on a few kilos to do it :p . Even a dog that is good on lead tends to forget the rules when another dog comes trotting up, at least with my relaxed training regime.

I thought walking 3 Pointers was hard enough! :rofl:

You can walk six labs at once? ;)

I could walk 12 Labs at once if they were walked regularly and had learned the rules from early days. But 12 would probably have caused worse road burns than six :thumbsup::( . I might have to put on a few kilos to do it :p . Even a dog that is good on lead tends to forget the rules when another dog comes trotting up, at least with my relaxed training regime.

I thought walking 3 Pointers was hard enough! :rofl:

LOL... I thought walking 2 Afghans was bad enough! Particularly when some idjits dog sticks its head under the fence while barking like it wants to eat them and scares the bejeesus out of them.... worse still the owner sticks his head over the fence asking what's going on while I try to control my two freaked out hounds. *rolls eyes*... some people are special... unfortunately we have to live with them.

Sandgrubber - I'm pretty certain I've seen you walking your 6 labs a few times when on my way to work... I remember being impressed, and feeling like a failure because I can't walk two small dogs on loose leads :thumbsup:

Sandgrubber - I'm pretty certain I've seen you walking your 6 labs a few times when on my way to work... I remember being impressed, and feeling like a failure because I can't walk two small dogs on loose leads :thumbsup:

If it was Warton Rd in the early morning, guilty as charged. Mine all learn the lead walking in the pack, and the rules for walking in the pack are clear and don't get challenged. If you can set it up this way, you can walk a lot of dogs together without much formal training. But you have to be prepared to serve as an anchor if you accidentally come across something irresistable, like off lead dogs or a bunch of stray geese.

Or.....I have my bitch on lead leaving an of leash park, and a very special gentleman has his 2 RottieX off lead outside of the park and of course they go straight for Lara to say an excited hello.

I said very loudly to my husband to shorten her lead as she will snap. The special ghentleman then say's "It's OK my 2 could to with a telling off". :thumbsup: GRRRRRRR............ I was speachless.

Of course Lara get's upset and she snapped at them. Hubby was tempted to loosen her lead :(

6 Labs, Im impressed.

Edited by Lindyx

It just gets worse !

Walking two of my dogs yesterday, end of a lovely walk in beautiful sunshine after all the rain, 100 metres from home and an off lead Lab comes up the back of us growling and I am forced to yank my two very well behaved dogs and myself onto the road :( Stupid owner appears about four houses away and yells out, you guessed it, "Don't worry he doesn't bite". I had to yell at the Lab to get him to stop, and by then my dogs were in protective mode, ready to take him on. No "sorry" for scaring the s#@t out of you and your dogs. He and his mate got a mouthful from me, all I could do.

I've learnt 2 things from times like this... I don't think some people will ever learn, so we have to be ready for them and I'm not afraid to tell off idiots who put me or my dogs in danger :thumbsup:

If it was Warton Rd in the early morning, guilty as charged. Mine all learn the lead walking in the pack, and the rules for walking in the pack are clear and don't get challenged. If you can set it up this way, you can walk a lot of dogs together without much formal training. But you have to be prepared to serve as an anchor if you accidentally come across something irresistable, like off lead dogs or a bunch of stray geese.

Wow six Labs, but could you walk six TERRIERS !! :(