Dna Colour Testing

SwaY

I had Shimmer and Stix DNA colour tested.

Shimmy for Fawn as her mum Sway carries for black, blue and fawn.

And Stix for blue as he is half sister to Shimmer - same mum

Stix - carries for blue.

Shimmer - may or may not carry for fawn

I could have told you that by reading her pedigree, and it would not have cost me a cent!!!

What is the point of DNA testing is you can't get a 100% Reliable results?

Both parents are DNA tested, it was done when they were trying to get the markers for our breed when they started up.

I used a different company for this colour testing.

Samples were tested in the US.

Im not keen on the DNA testing now,

I once used a dog, tested as bBeE at stud to a girl who was bbeE. Got 10 pups, none of them bb. The odds against this are 1:1000. Managed to get another company to run colour tests on the dog. Turns out he is BBeE, and thus can't sire a bb dog of any sort. I don't think all DNA tests should be crossed off, but I think there are some wankers out there.

I don't think all DNA tests should be crossed off, but I think there are some wankers out there.

Yes, seems a few companies have jumped on the DNA band wagon. They are popping up everywhere. Heard of one that someone has their dog profiled with, and it was the first time I'd ever heard of them.

Worries me, how are we supposed to know which ones are good & which ones are dodgy.

Sway, what a waste of money if the test was inconclusive! Did they give an explanation as to why they couldn't tell?

Edited by LuvMyWhiteShep

Did you use a company that uses a test that has been scientifically verified to reliably test for colour in your particular breed? Some are very clear on this. Others will take your money to test for any condition or any colour, regardless of whether there is any evidence that the DNA markers are accurate in that breed.

Did you use a company that uses a test that has been scientifically verified to reliably test for colour in your particular breed? Some are very clear on this.

Yes i used a company that advertises they test for colours in my breed, and they test for the two colours i wanted to test for.