Are People Catching On?

Kirty

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a cynic too. I'm always being approached by people because they "know I'm in dogs" about the best place to get an "oodle". Depending upon my mood and their frame of mind, I will usually try and educate them but there are a few repeat offenders and I confess that I don't waste my breath any more with those.

On the other hand, a girl in Cairns who has a puppy that I bred was at the vets for puppy needles and she was approached by some bogan with a male Stafford (and yes, it WAS blue) asking if she would be interested in his dog siring a litter for her! :o

no oodles in my puppy class.

there were-

1x Mini Schnauzer

1x SBT

1x Border Collie

1x Kelpie X SBT

1x Kelpie X Coolie

1x Japanese Spitz cross

1x Belgian Shepherd

although probably was just my PPS because there are so many oodles at the local park.

My dogs are both old farts so I don't know about puppy school, but I've got an excel file with all my grooming clients from one of my jobs thus far, and the statistics are quite interesting (and a bit depressing) - 2 of the oodles are rescues (and at least 3 of the swf are rescue too, as are both the big crosses):

Crosses:

Oodle x 9

SWF x 16

Terrier x 3

Big Doggy cross x 2

Pures:

American Staffy x 1

Australian Terrier x 1

Basenji x 1

Bichon x 1

Border Collie x 2

Cavalier x 1

Cocker Spaniel x 1

GSD x 1

Husky x 1

Lab x 2

Malamute x 1

Mini Poodle x 2

Norfolk Terrier x 1

Pomeranian x 1

Samoyed

Shetland Sheepdog x 2

Shih Tzu x 2

Staffy x 2

Toy Poodle x 1

West Highland White Terrier x 1

~

So that's 9 oodles, 30 mixes total and 26 pures. I'd be interested to see what things are like once I'm booked out!

At work (the shop side) I do tend to see more pures that I would have expected. We've had a PBGV ♥ ♥ ♥ come into the store, along with a Bassett Hound (different owners), the Norfolk I strip, a lovely lady owns a Gordon Setter (!), I was talking to someone who owns a Schipperke the other day, we have Viszlas, Weims, Beagles, Goldies etc etc. I think people in general are starting to become a little more aware of other ways of buying pets, and I'm quite pleased with how many of my clients are rescues.