How To Prevent Destorying Own Bed

lab_called_Marli

Hey all

WOW i havent been on here for a few month's now , not sure if anyone remember's me hahaha

My question is , How can i prevent my Lab from destroying its own Bed ?

We had bought a kennel at first for Marli but she ended up chewing it and destroying it ( as it was one of those wooden one's bad mistake self to note get maybe plastic next time ) So she now has one of those beds that sit about 5cm of the ground and have four metal corner's with the mesh stuff in the middle.

The problem is the one we have is the bed that has in each corner four little gap's about the size of your fist but enough for Marli to get her teeth into, she has already completely wrecked one to piece's ( meaning she ripped all the mesh off ) got her a second cover and has started again.

I did try a home job went and got the strongest tape on the market and taped up the four corner's but this morning she had chewed past one corner lucky i woke up early enough to take the bed away from her.

any other ideas to prevent this ?? i have tried putting Hash over it but wasnt strong enough , im looking for maybe some old skool ideas ?? as those spray things are rubbish that they say prevent dogs from chewing as i found out my dog LOVES citrus stuff so they wont work either.

the worst thing will be if she does wreck this one again i did find a shop that sell's bed's that are completely covered and have NO gaps for the teeth to get into but they are also more $$$$

any ideas please let me know !

P.S

i have given her more toy's etc she is just over 6 months old..

Bitter spray doesn't stop our puppy eating the carpet square from the kennel :D

We have an old trampoline bed with a hessian cover. It gets chewed but lasts, and the hessian is cheap as chips to replace.

To be honest both the dogs prefer to sleep in holes they've dug in the yard :(

thanx all

You have made me have some idea's , i could

1. go to vinnie's or someting and buy a few sheets double them up and cut them up to size to fit Marli's bed then maybe just cable tie down the sheet and put her blankets over the top at night time...

2. hessian cover sounds like a idea i bought one bag today to cut up to try to place over the corner's but didnt work. so maybe ill buy a few more and place over the bed then just cable tie it down.

but i think i will try the sheets first

thank you