Husher-anyone Used Them?

I'm curious about the use of the Husher that according to the website as well as helping stop barking is also supposed to help with aggression.I'm wondering if they think that because the pressure is similar to that applied by a canine pack leader to maintain dominance that it would help with aggression as I'd imagine a dog could still potentailly bite with one on if they really wanted to?

Anyone used one successfully for either barking or reducing aggression?I think there was a testmonial mentioning stoping chewing as well

http://www.husher.com.au/default.aspx?depa...nt=About+Husher

I've used one for barking - I was having issues with a dog who was fence running and barking just for the first 15 minutes after being let out in the mornings. I started letting her out with the husher on, in the beginning she'd still do a muffled bark but eventually gave that up too. The husher was only staying on during that initial period of excitement and then coming off again. I thought it worked well for that purpose :(

I'm curious about the use of the Husher that according to the website as well as helping stop barking is also supposed to help with aggression.I'm wondering if they think that because the pressure is similar to that applied by a canine pack leader to maintain dominance that it would help with aggression as I'd imagine a dog could still potentailly bite with one on if they really wanted to?

Anyone used one successfully for either barking or reducing aggression?I think there was a testmonial mentioning stoping chewing as well

http://www.husher.com.au/default.aspx?depa...nt=About+Husher

I had one, didnt like it

It is made out of elastic, so the dog has to work to open their mouth, my poor JRT was depressed when it was on, it didnt last

Tried it and I did not like it. I gradually introduced it to my dog but she was still depressed when wearing it. For some dogs perhaps it would work but the reaction of my dog to wearing it I thought was much too harsh a consequence for me to consider continuing use of it.

A friend has tried this on her GSD, who is a manic barker, only when riding in the dog trailer.

The dog rides for 35 mins. to attend training, then 35 mins. home.

This journey is done twice a week, so all up, the Husher is worn for about 1 hour and 20 mins. each week.

When the Husher was brand new, the dog could still bark, but it was greatly muffled. This seemed to be an acceptable solution to the problem.

After only 4 weeks, the barking became louder and we noticed that the elastic around the front of the muzzle was beginning to stretch.

Two weeks later, the elastic was so stretched, the dog could bark normally and the Husher was useless.

All up, it would have been in use for a maximum of 8 hours.

Now I have to say, that this particular dog is an absolute maniac when it comes to riding in the trailer, his barking is non-stop, so the Husher would have been given a pretty good work-out, but I would have expected it to have lasted longer than this, for the price paid.

After contacting the manufacturer, my friend was told that they were under no obligation to replace the Husher, because the guarantee did not cover the actual materials used.

After some discussion, the manufacturer eventually agreed to replace the item. The same defect appeared in the replacement Husher, roughly in the same time-frame.

Here is the guarantee, as copied from their web-site.

* The Husher is covered by a 100% unconditional replacement guarantee covering manufacturing defects and workmanship.

In the event of any manufacturing defect, please contact us immediately at:

Not much point in guaranteeing workmanship, when the materials used are clearly not suitable to last longer than a short time in use.

We have a dog at training who carries on like crazy when his owner is instructing a class. The owner has tried a husher and it certainly stops the dog from barking all the time. The dog lies down and moans and whines instead now which I guess is better than the noise of him barking but not actually solving the problem.

If I needed to stop a dog barking I think I would rather use one of the various types of bark collars rather than a mussle.