Foam In Puppy's Mouth This Morning..

FD26

My staffordshire bull terrior puppy (12 weeks old) just had a bit of foam in his mouth. We came outside as we do every morning and about 10 minutes later he had foam coming out of his mouth, not coughing or anything, just making slurping noises trying to get rid of it...so I got the hose and a towel and washed it out. He seems fine now, the foam hasn't reformed and he's happily playing.

I can't think of anything that could have caused it except cane toads or bloat. I would have seen if he were after a cane toad as I'm out here with him so that's very unlikely, and his stomach seems fine.

I'm a bit concerned now though as I have to go to work in 45 minutes and I'm worried about leaving him if something is wrong.

I've seen dogs foam at the mouth when they have eaten something they disliked the taste of. It could have been anything really. If he appears to be suffering no ill effects, I would think he will be fine.

My Amstaff girl gets foam around her mouth when she gets excited, not handy when playing with her doggy friends and covering them in drooly foam. Or again if she has bitten something she doesnt like, ie anytime she catches a coakroach and bites it, she foams at the mouth really bad but shes fine. My husky boy never has this foam/drool, another friends english staffy is the same...mountains of foam comes from his mouth when hes excited. Staffy thing?