Seriously...stinky...dog!

OMG my staffy rolled in something seriously wrong this arvo! I've washed her twice and let it soak in for about 10 mins each time, still cannot get this smell to budge! it doesnt smell like poop, or something dead, or stagnet water its more like a strong fly repellant smell! we have cane fields out the back so dont know if its come from there, help! im about to try bi-card and vinegar!

Please dont use Bicarb and vinegar :) it is a drain cleaner and will do horrible things to the skin!

To remove stinky smells on your pet, your best bet is to get some tomato juice and apply liberally to the smelly parts after the wash, leave for 10 minutes then rinse and redo if needed.

She probably thinks she smells beautiful just the way she was.

OMG my staffy rolled in something seriously wrong this arvo! I've washed her twice and let it soak in for about 10 mins each time, still cannot get this smell to budge! it doesnt smell like poop, or something dead, or stagnet water its more like a strong fly repellant smell! we have cane fields out the back so dont know if its come from there, help! im about to try bi-card and vinegar!

I agree with Andrea :eek: ....I am a groomer and for those really horrible stinky smelly hard to budge odors.....tomato juice!!!! Yes it really does work:D After her tomato juice bath you can re-bath her in a nice doggy shampoo.

Please dont use Bicarb and vinegar :mad it is a drain cleaner and will do horrible things to the skin!

To remove stinky smells on your pet, your best bet is to get some tomato juice and apply liberally to the smelly parts after the wash, leave for 10 minutes then rinse and redo if needed.

She probably thinks she smells beautiful just the way she was.

Being a Staffy, and in my experience they have rather sensitive skin....be very careful about what you put on her, and also check her skin over the next few days for any redness, blistering or reaction to what sounds like some sort of chemical. :thumbsup:

Probably best to ensure she can't get back to the area where she rolled in whatever substance this was.

Ohh I feel your pain, my three found a dead animal in a plastic bag buried in the back yard. :)

We've been here for a bit over 4 years and I believe it's the previous owners cat. :)

I had to ring my husband and get him to remove the remains as I was gagging going down the yard with the putrid dogs. I've just washed them twice and shall now go and purchase some tomato juice. i hope it works, I'm still dry retching at their lovely odour.

Eeewwwww!!!!!! :) Several big cans should do it!!!! :)

Ohh I feel your pain, my three found a dead animal in a plastic bag buried in the back yard. :rofl:

We've been here for a bit over 4 years and I believe it's the previous owners cat. :rofl:

I had to ring my husband and get him to remove the remains as I was gagging going down the yard with the putrid dogs. I've just washed them twice and shall now go and purchase some tomato juice. i hope it works, I'm still dry retching at their lovely odour.