Do Humans Really Have A Brain?

lovemymutts

I went into the local shop today & find on the notice board a sign:

FOR SALE

German Shepherd x Kelpie pups

2 male & 2 female

wait for it...... $200 EACH!!!!

I cannot believe the stupidity of people! Get your dogs desexed! They were supposedly selling them vaccd, vet checked & wormed so obviously trying to recoup some costs, wouldn't it just be cheaper to desex the parents? It seems ridiculous but I suppose people would pay for cute pups but it makes me so angry! I would say the local pound will end up with them if they don't sell just like a little shep x pup in one of the local pounds at the moment, only 6 weeks old & I've been asked to help so I'll see what I can do... anyway!

I was just looking in the rescue threads at Blacktown & Renbury shelters & there were a huge amount of shep/kelpie x's in there.

Then I have people complain when they ring & I tell them I adopt out dogs for $300 for a dog that has had ALL vetwork done!

Anyway just fuming a bit :eek: , I doubt people will ever learn, new laws/regulations need to be in place & more people need to be employed to enforce them!

Mad session over!

Edited by lovemymutts

But it also would have been cheaper for them to get the dog desexed before the pups ever came along

It could also be a dog they rescued from the pound already pregnant or an accidental mating that they didn't know about till too late to abort.

They obviously aren't cashing in on the DD fad but selling at a price that probably won't cover the cost of rearing them, vaccination etc.